Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
gear whore
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF is up with all the suckers by all the bridges? Do they spawn in the fall or are they just all congregating in the deeper water by the bridges? (please tell me they were suckers and not hoards of anadromous fish that I ignored.... ;) LOL!)

Other than those suckers hooked a couple of cutts and a bull. low low low water.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Suckers are spring spawners. They are probably congregating around bridges because there are deep holes there, and deep water is a scarce resource on the Stilly.

My guess would be they are around the bridges because of the shade in the mid day and the rocks on the side of the river where they like to feed. Salmo_g, i fish the stilly almost everyday and there is tons of deep water!! Try hiking man.

jake

·
Banned
80 Posts
Well i haven't been to c post yet this year but oso loop and whitman i have been. Those fish that you are seeing are definatly suckers. Sorry for the bad info but i hope it will get you away from fishing under the bridges looking for steel! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.