Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the lower stilly for a while this morning, hitting the Blue Stilly hole, and the Cement Plant on Hat Slough.

I saw fish rolling and jumping in both places, but the water clarity was way down from the crystal clear of 2 weeks ago. At the Blue Stilly, clarity was 3-4 feet, and on Hat, it was 2-3 feet. The discoloration is not mud, but probably organic debris that is now moving out of the low water holes.

And the water is up, I would guess 6" to 1' depending on where you are.

I had no bumps, strikes or action from anything but leaves. One fish I saw pretty clearly was a dark (but beautiful) coho. I assume most of the others were chum. There were few others on the river, and I saw nothing caught, and heard of nothing caught.

Rob
---------
Genetic pollution damages wild
stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

I was down there too. But not fishing. I was playing tour guide. Helping out mattzoid on places to fish the lower river from. Saw a few rolling but no one catching,and one more first for me,I saw a game warden show up and get out of his truck. :COOK

Jim

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And now its really rising, I just checked the USGS gauges, and they are now both up feet from earlier today! I would say the the rivers are now out of shape!

Yikes!

Rob
---------
Genetic pollution damages wild
stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.