Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

I'm so bored that I thought that I would start a countdown to the day that my favorite type of waters open back up. 20 more days of lake fishing. I'm not counting today as it is almost shot. Being that it is after nine in the morning.

Jim

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You know that I did that very same thing about a month ago. I was just out doing my thing(checking things out). I found this road on one of my many maps. It is on the south side of the Suiattle River. Two nice places. One looks like it was once a beaver pond but it has been taken over by man. The sides have been beefed up. And the other one is still a beaver pond,but it's got some rough camping spots by it. You sure learn alot by just going out and exploring.

Jim

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

No I didn't. I was out getting wet on a lake and losing things. Chris Was/is going to let me know when the river is right for wading. Everyone likes for the old man not to work to hard when fishing. How was the river,was it in good shape.If this weather keeps up I should be out on it. Maybe next week sometime I'm not sure when But I think I would like to hit it from exit 34 and up.

Jim

·
Registered
71 Posts
To bad you live where you do I live in Kitsap and the bever ponds areare open also in Mason Co. on the Tahuya Peninsula west of Belfair-Bremerton page 25 of the rules. I can fish the ponds without runing into to many people.:beer2 :thumb :9

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I'm not far from the Kitsap action, living as I do in Jefferson County. Send me a private e-mail and maybe we can go check things out.
Bob:thumb
P.S. I've been having some fairly hot action on plants but I'm getting bored with it. Need a new fix.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I used to live over there. But it was a long time ago. Left home(Bremerton) to go in the Army in '53 and haven't been back since. Used to fish Chico Creek(back in the days when I fished it you could fish it from Kitsap Lake to the mouth and I think that I have walked the whole distance),Gorst creek(I think that's closed now)Few of the lakes over there.

Now for the question on beaver ponds being open. Is this reg in the new book or the last years model. Because the last years model page 25 is about Marine Area 5.Maybe I need to get a new book.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

18 more to go. Boy did yesterday beat the hell out of me as I'm still tired. I guess that's what is meant by getting on in years.:bawling

Jim

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not sure about Chico Creek (i fish the mouth for salmon) but I'm pretty sure that Gorst Creek is still open. If i remember correctly, it's like 2 trout over 14" or something, dunno. Did you really fish Gorst Creek? I never would have thought that there were fish in there. I live in Port Orchard.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Just checked the regs, it's closed from the lower old belfair highway bridge upstream, but you can fish below that, from what i've seen, i don't think there's much if any access below that bridge since it isn't very far up.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

When I fished that creek it was along time ago. Say about 50 years ago. In those days even if it was a watershed you could fish in it. Now you can't.

I lived in Bremerton(Navy Yard City). I think that is what it is called. We used to ride our bikes all over the town and county or hitchhiked.It was safe in those days.

Jim

·
Rebel, Truth Seeker
112 Posts
I know that it's probably useless to ask, but...
Where are some decent bever ponds. I'm young and inexperianced, have mercy and tell me, please. At least point me in the right direction. I've fished one beverpond, but it's on a private resort, it was the best fishing I ever had. That was back when I used a spinner rod, but it was still a good time.

G

·
King WK,
Get John Gierach's "Fly Fishing the High Country" and a couple maps. For more clues, consult that old "Washington Fishing Guide". I'll leave it there, though, because if I divulged anymore I'd be jipping you out of half the fun.
Have Fun Finding Your First Beaver Pond Maybe Nobody Else Knew About Yet!
:thumb

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Just keep at it. I'm 68 and I'm still learning. I think that when I go to meet my maker I will have learned it all. So if I'm still learning I"ll be here for a long time yet. Boy what a bunch of dribble. I think that I need to go fishing some place and get off of this stupid computer.

Jim

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.