Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster...
I'm curious just what kind of Lines, Flies, and Techniques are used to catch the sucker fish....I've been hitting the Snoqualmie pretty regularly for steelhead, and as you can guess, I'd like to take a break from Casting practice and actually catch something.
Any info you Gentlemen (and Ladies, of course), could pass on would be greatly appreciated.
Also note: I'm currently unemployed (No, I'm not Bob's infamous fishin' buddy), and would be happy to accompany anyone that wanted company on a fishin' day. Note 2: I'm still at beginner level, so patience would be appreciated.
Thanks all!!
Looking forward to yakkin with all of ya!
Mike

·
Registered
464 Posts
They are bottom dwellers and like slightly slower water than the trout so a nymph dredged on the bottom will do the trick.

Although it sounds like they take a dry on occasion according to the other thread.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Try fishing nymph patterns deep in the slowest part of the run you can find. I use a double nymph rig and allow it to drift through the part of the run where it is almost barely moving. The suckers will stack up in there. You can also try a heavy sink tip with a heavy streamer, cast it into the slowest deepest part of a run, and retrieve with slow, steady, six inch long strip. If you see a sucker, and you're sight casting to them, use a double nymph rig with some split shot, adjust your shot so you're bouncing off the bottom, and put it right in front of him. Good luck!

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/
http://www.patagonia-expedition.org/

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

- Henry David Thoreau

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.