Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a pretty bad start to my day today. Been living in my neighborhood for about 16 years now without any incidents. Well this morning as I was getting ready to leave for work, I had a really weird feeling. The weird feeling turned out to be that my fiancee's car was not in the driveway next to mine. Some #$%&*%$# stole her car during the night. We still can't believe it. We should know in the next 36 hours or so if the car is gone for good. The fiancee is taking it pretty good, but it hits her now and then.

I know cars are replaceable, but it's the inconveniences this has caused and the feeling of being violated. Never had something like this happen to me before. It just sucks to the nth degree.

Just had let one more vent out before calling it a night.

·
BAMF
369 Posts
damn that blows, sorry to hear. Hopefully it turns up in one piece.

this reminds me of the time my jeep went missing....

i came home late one night and parked in my usual parking area in the driveway and came in the house and went to sleep. Earlier that night i had told my mom that i would be staying over at my friends house. When she woke the next day she was suprised to see me sleeping in my bed. when she saw me she asked where my jeep was and i replied "in the driveway where it normally is" she then replied "i didnt see it when i was outside a few seconds ago". I quickly jumped out of bed and ran outside in my boxers to see my jeep not where i had parked it. i started cussing and raising hell and then i turned around and with my hands on top of my head and looked down the driveway. turns out i forgot to put the parking brake on and the jeep had slipped out of gear, rolled backwards down the driveway, across the road, down a steep ass ditch, and had come to rest up against my neighbors riding lawnmower. i grabbed my keys and ran across the street jumped in the jeep and drove it back into my driveway...in my boxers. lucky no car was coming when the jepp rolled off so the only damn that was done was to my neighbors riding lawmowers grill. a bit of duct tape and it was as good as new. the jeep had rolled over 100 yards, missed a couple tree, and some how made it down that steep ditch without harm.

anyways, at least your fiance wasnt in the car.

·
149 Posts
Keeping fingers crossed for you...
several years ago had my truck stolen...
naturally expected the worst..
a couple of days later, they found it in Shopping Mall parking lot...no damage..just some McDonalds wrappers and their personal cassette tape in the deck.
hope u r lucky, as well.
Since then, I am a loyal member of THE CLUB...even when running in the store for 5 minutes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.