Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating on taking my driftboat, however, I have no experience floating the Sky, can anyone tell me if it is a similar float to the Marblemount/Rockport? I have only a handfull of drifts in my boat, therefore, I have been ultra conservative on what type of water I chose to ride!

Have not heard much if the Sultan to Howard float is still on? If it is (or not), and if it is an easy float (similar to the Skagit) would anyone like to come along to do the shuttle?

I am thinking Sunday? I am open to trying the Skagit as well.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The Sultan to Ben Howard drift is a great beginners float. I think it's easier than the Skagit simply because the Sky isn't moving as fast and there are not the logjams you see in the corners on the Skagit. I have taken rafts, a Float and Tote, even a canoe down and never encountered problems.

Good luck.

A great drift boat resource is Verne Huser's Paddle Routes of Western Washington (published by The Mountaineers). It's put out by the Mountaineers. Huser talks about 55 different floats on Western Washington rivers including the Sky, Skagit, Sauk and Stilly. The info on put-ins, take-outs and what to expect is invaluable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.