Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Another Flyfisherman
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of run, if any, for summer fish come to the Queets and its tribs? Anyone fish for summer steel up there? I know it gets a decent winter run as I saw many a fish get caught up there fishing this winter. Havent ever really heard of anything on its summer run though. Thanks! J

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Like everything else, runs have been declining and are quite weak. Most summer runs are hatchery fish who seem to sprinkle in at all times of the year. Takes at least August before many are in the rivers. First rains seem to bring a few up; until then, things are very slow.
Bob:thumb

·
Scott Willison
277 Posts
I've fished the Queets in late August around the campground. I found a few steelhead here and there, though with the low water conditions most were holding in the most ridiculous tangles of root wads, log jams, facing downstream in back currents--all great places to spot fish, though pretty lousy for hooking them. There are lots of beautiful class steelhead runs where you'll also find fish from time to time, but it's definitely and early and late show that time of year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.