Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Don't mean to pry...is that from the versi-tip package? I have that for my 10 wt and also have a clear intermediate tip.
Just came back from the stilly today and didn't land anything, but played with a hatchery hen, about 4 or 5 lbs I'm guessing, and the other two I don't quite know. they were smaller maybe 12" or so and very, very bright silver.
Had a ball though.

Harleydeen

·
Registered
804 Posts
not prying at all - we were having technical difficulties with email. I bought it separate since I lost the orgininal that came with the versa tip...but it is a Rio. Glad you like yours - they are very very convenient for general fishing.

Nice job with the hen connection - still feels good to have something on, even if brief.

Jim W

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yes I'm very happy with it. It's the first time I have got to use it. I bought it down at Kaufman's Bellvue store about a little over a week ago and last weekend we were over at the inlaws in Klickitat and that river was very dirty. So today is the first time I've been able to use it. I wish I knew what the other two fish were, very eager to take the fly(Blue Charm) and then when the fight was over they released themselves.

going back tomorrow.

harleydeen

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

N or S/F. There are kings in the N/F along with a lot of White Fish. Just for me asking where abouts were you on the river at. Also did you find the river rather warm.

Jim

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I was actually on the main stem just below the forks. That road that is the first right if your heading west on 530 is the one we were on. I had my oldest boy with me so I wanted to go somewhere he wouldn't have to worry about snagging trees behind him. I didn't want to fish the forks since I figured there would be so many kids swimming and splashing about, so we decided to hit the main stem. Cool thing is there was nobody around the whole time we were there.

Harleydeen

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Yeah there is alot of open space there. And another place to try is Blue Stilly Park. Lots of open space there also but it might contain swimmers as there is a big hole there with a huge rock in the middle of it. But wait until the humpies start running it will be like fishing in a Zoo.

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.