Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the helix in 5 & 6 wts.i recently sent my 5 & 6 for warranty work and the shop is possibly offering me to trade for Horizon 2's. I love the meduim fast action of the helix and am thinking the Horizon 2 is too fast for me but I've never cast them. Any thoughts would help?

Thanks in advance!

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
I've owned a few Helixes and cast a few H2's. In general, the H2 is stiffer than the Helix. This is true from 4wt to 9wt (range I've tested). The H2 is also a "tippier" taper -- a very strong butt section that quickly tapers to a softer tip (though by no means "soft"). The Helix is a progressive taper that goes from butt to tip stiffness less steeply.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys......I was leaning toward having them send new helixs anyway and as it turned out they called today and said they found my rods after all and are repairing them. I don't like too fast of a rod and loved teh med-fast action of the helix so I am glad they found mine. Not to mention I would have to start all over with the building up of the mojo on the brand new sticks anyway......glad I will be getting mine back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.