Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

We all know a few special wild places in the world that we enjoy visiting, have heard about, and know the importance of to the animals that call the place home.

For me, one of the most special places in the world is the Skeena River and the salmon and grizzly bear rich watersheds of the northern British Columbia coast. The place is amazing!!

Royal Dutch Shell is planning to drill for coalbed methane right in the pristine headwaters of three of the most productive salmon rivers in the world; the Skeena, Nass, and Stikine.

Not only would these many well sites, roads, and facilities have huge negative ecological impacts to these rivers and wildlands, but this form of extraction and use of fuel is some of the most polluting in the world, all at a time when we need to get off of polluting carbon-based energy sources.

Please visit the link below and tell Shell to leave this area alone and put their money into cleaner, alternative energy sources. I have also included the emails of heads of Shell and British Columbia's Minister of Energy, Mines, and Petroleum Resources in this email so you can reply to them as well and voice your opposition.

Please distribute widely!!!

Many thanks and hope all's well!

Matt Stoecker

SIGN THE LETTER HERE.
http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5875/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=1444

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Done. However, I think as time goes on, we will see more and more energy companies trying to find and extract resources such as this. Unfortunately, that is seen as progress to the non-steelhead fisher.

·
2,883 Posts
done

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Done! If there are folks from B.C. on the forum, please call your elected officials, e-mails are great but phone calls are more effective!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.