Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
North Bend, WA
4,867 Posts
Hi DW,

Taylor's season is June 1 - Oct. 31. I'm guessing your talking about the Middle Fork up Taylor River Road. The M. Fork of the Snoqualmie is open year round.

Haven't hit it recently to give a report except that with the rain from last night it's still a tad high. Might be ok this weekend but that'll depend on the temperature / snow melt.

~Chris

·
North Bend, WA
4,867 Posts
Hi Jim,

Overall the forks fish pretty piss poor during the winter. Occationally you may produce well on a nymph but the hatches during these months are slim to none.

During the summer there are days that would make it worth your drive. During these months I'd suggest hitting your local waters.

If you were doing that "other type" of fishing wouldn't it be a pole? :WINK

Regards,

Chris

·
North Bend, WA
4,867 Posts
I had an idea you were on the W side of the slopes but still think an hour is a little out of the way for the forks this time of year.

Sorry to hear about your rod. That sucks.

Reports below the falls (steelhead) have been mixed (gear & fly) and most of what I've heard was around the Fall City bridge. I've been a little busy to get out but will soon. If I see or hear activity picking up I'll be sure to let you know.

Regards,

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.