Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Patrick
1,805 Posts
Not sure where you plan to camp on the Taylor. There is little camping any more on the Edgewick road part. Last time up there last year only about 4-5 spots were they still allowing camping at. The fishing though is not bad at Edgewick lots of small trout that seem to love Royal Wolf patterns on the surface and many types of sub surface flies. If you are heading up river from the Edgewick road part, the cut action can be good with lots of 9-11 inch fish. I have never fished down river from Edgewick road so I am not able to coment on that area. Keep in mind that the Taylor river is catch and release only. This has helped the area become a better fishing stream. Some of the inlet creeks are great for stalk fishing the pools and sight casting to fish. Stay low, face into sun and stay silent. Some of the inlet creeks are big and can be fished like Taylor without the wading and you can do quite well on. I last fished the part above Edgwick last September on my way back from Montana and had a couple of really good days of fishing one of the creeks. I will not say which one only that it was only a 1 mile hike into from the road. :WINK The Taylor is best fished with a 5 weight or smaller fiber glass or a 4 weight or smaller graphite to make things fun.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I might be old---but I'm good.

hikepat.Are you sure about your roads and where they are located at last time I looked at where the Taylor river is located it was/is about 20 to 25 miles from Edgewick. Maybe the road that you were talking about is the Lake Dorothy road. Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.