Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I miss that river :( When they closed it, they pretty much shut down my only good freestone fishery within an hour away. I grew up fishing this magical place. Driving by now and drooling is just painful, knowing all that prime water is untouchable.
The HL Vairaint is still my favorite dry fly, though. That hasn't changed.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/threads/two-part-june-report.79606/

Reactions: Freestone and 15130

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why is it closed?
In the three years since, I still haven't got a solid answer. The most logical one I've heard was due to the re-introduction of salmon and steelhead in the "near" future.

·
If you can read this, you are fishing too close
601 Posts
In the three years since, I still haven't got a solid answer. The most logical one I've heard was due to the re-introduction of salmon and steelhead in the "near" future.
Good thing the WDFW has a solid track record of restoring fisheries, otherwise the "closure is management" policy would be hard to take

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,853 Posts
Good thing the WDFW has a solid track record of restoring fisheries, otherwise the "closure is management" policy would be hard to take
While I generally would agree with you, from my understanding WDFW isn't the agency making the call on this closure.

I feel for pain TJ.
With this year's coho closures, I would have ventured east to fish it, but that is a no go as well.
I had some epic hopper and October caddis fishing there. What a great little stream!
SF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.