Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Anthony Thayer but people call me Tony Pro. I am the Founder and President of Team Washington Fly Fishing Team. My Co Captain Kyle Wilkinson and I are looking for some really Fishy people to try out for the Team. Tryouts will be held in personal fishing sessions on both the Yakima and Naches Rivers during the whole month of June. Only the fishiest of the fishy will make the team. If interested in trying out for Team Washington, please contact me at (509) 929-8651 or email me at [email protected]
All persons that try out for the team must live within 250 miles of Yakima and must procure own mode of transportation and have own gear. All styles of fly fishing are accepted. All persons trying out for the team must be open minded about Czech Style Fly Fishing as we are a Pro Competition Team.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hi Tony Pro,
My name is Nasty Nate.I used to be nasty in all regards, mostly attitude, but now I am a team player and fish fear me like no other. I bring game to any aspect of fly fishing.Too bad for the team I live in Montana.But have a good deli meat picnic anyway....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tony Pro,
My name is Nasty Nate.I used to be nasty in all regards, mostly attitude, but now I am a team player and fish fear me like no other. I bring game to any aspect of fly fishing.Too bad for the team I live in Montana.But have a good deli meat picnic anyway....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Nate, that is too bad you're in Montana. Still, maybe when the team makes it to Montana we can fish together. Thank you for replying to my thread.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sorry Billy, I should have specified. We are a Pro Trout Team. When I said all styles I meant Streamer, Dry and Czech Nymphing. But if we do branch out to bass, we will definitely hit you up. Thank you for replying to my thread.

·
Robert
3,012 Posts
If one gets selected for this team do you have cool jackets with sponsor patches like NASCAR and the Bass Tour guys? If so I'm in.
Just my opinion but competitive fishing is the antithesis of flyfishing but that's just me. That said, there are now local colleges that have competitive bass fishing clubs. If that had been around in my day I might have stayed in school ;)

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Anthony Thayer but people call me Tony Pro. I am the Founder and President of Team Washington Fly Fishing Team. My Co Captain Kyle Wilkinson and I are looking for some really Fishy people to try out for the Team. Tryouts will be held in personal fishing sessions on both the Yakima and Naches Rivers during the whole month of June. Only the fishiest of the fishy will make the team. If interested in trying out for Team Washington, please contact me at (509) 929-8651 or email me at [email protected]
All persons that try out for the team must live within 250 miles of Yakima and must procure own mode of transportation and have own gear. All styles of fly fishing are accepted. All persons trying out for the team must be open minded about Czech Style Fly Fishing as we are a Pro Competition Team.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: We need this like we need another Kardashian

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If one gets selected for this team do you have cool jackets with sponsor patches like NASCAR and the Bass Tour guys? If so I'm in.
Just my opinion but competitive fishing is the antithesis of flyfishing but that's just me. That said, there are now local colleges that have competitive bass fishing clubs. If that had been around in my day I might have stayed in school ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No Sponsors as of yet, we are still trying to get recognized, as we are just starting out. All of the perks come later. But yes, there would be T-shirts and Hats made up.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Do you have a team website?

1 - 20 of 1031 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.