Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Tee Lake. Caught a bunch of dinks. Biggest was 12". Moved to Cady lake. Lots of fish feeding on Midges, but I couldn't bring myself to chironomid fish so I stuck with streamers and got skunked. There's your report!

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
Cady Lake is interesting: sometimes (okay, rarely) I do quite well but more often I scratch my head at why fish I can see looking across the water and see on my sonar are so "off". Daphnia? Phantom midge? Rookie angler? Nice to know I ain't the only one getting a skunk there.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have GREAT days stripping streamers, but trolling rarely works for me. I've also done well on a sinktip using small six pack nymph.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree that Cady can be a puzzle for sure, But it sure can have some pleasant surprises for you as well if you give it a chance. Last year was a great year up there for me. At least 70 plus fish for three trips, Most were in the 18-19 inch size, but one was at least 25 inches. They don't come easy tho. It takes some figuring out to be successful. Anything big on a type 6 sinker on a slow twitch movement has always done well for me as well as some other patterns. I rarely fish chronies or emergers there. Haven't felt the need. I like fishing deep near the bottom. Hopefully everyone is putting a donation in Larry's box to help him be able to keep stocking the lake. I netted a 10 lb fish out of there for a beginner fly fisherman from Bremerton a few years back. Fun! 7 pounds is the biggest for myself, but it's a pleasure fishing in a lake where there are quality size fish available. Thanks Larry for the sweet memories I have of catching fish there over the years. Much appreciated.
Denny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts