Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you might recall I was planning on fishing and camping the Entiat this last weekend for my bachelor party. Well, All the rivers on the central/eastern side were all blown out and still rising (snow melt :mad:). So we searched the maps and found the Teenaway river in the Cle Elum area. Smaller, Low, and Clear. Lots of caddis and may flies, crawfish and bait fish. Camped out on the North fork at 29 pines campground. My brother and I were the only ones fly fishing, the other two are gear chuckers. Fished the North Fork on Saturday, My friend and future brother in-law caught the only fish that day on a damn wedding ring (gear chucker). the rest of us got skunked:beathead: Sunday we went to the Middle Fork and That fished much better. We all caught fish in the 6 - 12 inch range. Biggest I caught was about 10 inches on a #14 bead head pheasant tail, the smallest....a sculpin of about 3 inches on the same fly. My buddy said he had about a 14 incher but he tends to exaggerate his stories. Total of about 16 fish between the four of us. All and all a fantastic trip!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. great place. We were talking to a group of campers that are regulars there and they know the guy that owns it. Apparently he owns like 3,000 some odd acres around there including the campground. Unfortunately he's thinking about closing 29 pines due to cost of up keep and all . That would be a shame, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.