Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they are everywhre this year, wonder if freshwater fish would respond to tent patterns under over hanging bushes and trees on a dead drift with the slightest twich, gonna get to the desk tonight and hit long lake tomorow for some field testing.

lost my fly box in the parking lot to docs. leather pouch filled with some rather good productive patterns in it. it made somebodys day. if a member found it here could I get the leather fly pouch back and you can keep the flies. had it for awhile

saltwater flyfishing in the northwest is a science as well as an art

· Just an Old Man
35,200 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I don't think that the trout would eat them as the birds don't. They are like the water skippers that the trout won't eat because they are bitter. But it might be worth a try.

Jim

P/S Usually the county is out spraying them but not this year. Sure is a lot of them and most of the home owners around are doing nothing about them. I got them all out of my trees but other people are doing nothing.

· Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got them all over the yard in the trees, I got a 10 x 5 garden pond next to the front porch with panfish in it and they love those tent catipilars, yet they love everything I throw in there.

Jim what did you use to get them out of your trees?

saltwater flyfishing in the northwest is a science as well as an art

· Just an Old Man
35,200 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Cut the branches down and burned them when they were first starting out.

I remember one year when I live in Lake Stevens. I think about 100 years ago. Well one side was by the woods(lots of Alders). And after they all hatched out you couldn't find the side of the house with all the catipillars there.

I've got to quit talking about bugs as I'm having the creepy crawly feelings.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.