Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Steve Sullivan
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 877 teton usa
Have called about 10 times during there business hours (they are back east) and always get a message saying "thank you for calling Teton Usa, no one is around".
Are they about to go out of business like the first owner?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Did you leave a message? Have you tried emailing them?

Cabela's sells the reel and it's in stock. If you want one, buy it from Cabela's. If you need service on an older reel Teton USA has a form for that.

If you don't like their customer service, and that is important to you in your buying decision, buy another product.

Why bust their chops on an internet forum just because they don't have a receptionist to answer the phone and you won't leave a message or drop an email?

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
Didn't seem to me like the OP was busting anyone's chops. I took it as he was simply trying to find out if anyone was aware of the company having troubles. People are getting pretty quick to fire with their keyboards lately. Lets all take a deep breath and remember we're here to discuss something we all love.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Didn't seem to me like the OP was busting anyone's chops. I took it as he was simply trying to find out if anyone was aware of the company having troubles. People are getting pretty quick to fire with their keyboards lately. Lets all take a deep breath and remember we're here to discuss something we all love.
Posting a bitch on the interwebs about not being able to get a phone call answered is just plain silly, especially if the OP did not make use of the answering machine or email contact methods. To then speculate that the company may be going out of business is just plain funky, but that's just what I think.

I mean, seriously, you can take the time to complain on a forum, but can't take the time to write an email to the company you're trying to contact? Sheesh.

I'm going fishing tomorrow so will take a deep breath for sure :)

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
Eh, I know what you mean, I just didn't take it as a bitch. Seems like he made a bunch of phone calls, (probably should have left a message, but oh well), and then inquired on the site to see if anyone knew anything. I dunno, doesn't seem to unreasonable to me. I'll be working tomorrow, so you definitely have a leg up on me. Hope you knock em dead tomorrow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.