Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karl, thanks for lunch and it was good to put a face to a name. I wish your fishing outing would have been better than it turned out to be. Let me know when you are headed this way again and I'll do my best to make time to fish. Ed

·
Blind hog fisherman
2,895 Posts
Ed, it was all my pleasure. Our lunch put a good end to a crappy day with the newly posted beach, the litter, and the hole in my waders. We'll hit the water at your connivence until hunting season starts. Then all bets are off. Let me know if you'd like to sit in a duck blind and see where the boys with the "big boy pants" play. Thanks for the suggestion on the beach today. Great walk, no one there, very peaceful. I still have 14 places to fish from the beach. Lost one today, gained one today. Sounds like a Seinfeld episode.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much of a hunter but I'd hang out with you anytime. Glad you found one peaceful beach. Lots of bad things can easily be washed away with a good trip to a beach.

·
Blind hog fisherman
2,895 Posts
Ed, as I lay awake this morning at 3:00 (one of the dogs decided to get rid of the grass it had eaten yesterday) I got to thinking about something. I had this sudden picture of someone standing thigh deep in a river, in January, it's raining, colder than snot. This person is casting a fly for steelhead. Now that is really where the "big boys and girls" play. Or maybe they are just crazy. Whatever, my mistake and apologies to those who are so inclined.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is the cool thing about big boys and big girls Karl. They can have their big pants be it at a hunting spot, fishing spot or whatever spot they wish. No one should take offense to you being happy with what you plan to do. I have met a few hard core steelhead fly anglers. When you talk to one you can see it in their eyes. Crazy? Perhaps. Committed? For sure. I'm glad to share water with them on my occasional weekend warrior trips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.