Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm thankful that my family is all ok. Had a little scare yesterday but all is well now. Wife had a TIA yesterday and it threw a scare into me as to what I would do without her. But she came thru it alright and is now home.

It's a good thing as me making turkey would be the pitts. Now I have her in the kitchen making her wonderful Pumpkin pies.

Man, what a slave driver I am. But all is well as what ever it was, was caught in time.

I guess that I'm a little mixed up, but what can you expect out of something like that.

Jim

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm thankful that my family is all ok. Had a little scare yesterday but all is well now. Wife had a TIA yesterday and it threw a scare into me as to what I would do without her. But she came thru it alright and is now home... Jim
I am Thankful for so many Blessings and Mrs Matey is right at the top of the list; I can relate. I'll keep you both in my prayers this weekend Sir.

BTW is that a keyboard your OM hat is set on? Are you a player?

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
'Jim you and your family take care. I wish you the best for now and the comming year. You also mentioned having the shakes earlier your self. Do you have parkinsons too? I was diagnosed with that in 2006 and it's slowly making me quit tying flies. All we can do is keep on keeping on as long as it lasts. Take care of that lady of yours as best you can. Happy holidays! from another old man Bob

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
Jim,
We all know your bark is worse than your bite, and this proves it.
We all should take time to count our individual blessings, not just at Thanksgiving either, but every day.
I join with the rest in wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

LB

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have tremors. And being it's late, I can't remember how to spell the first word of what I have. But it starts with an "E". But other than that I'm fine. I just can't tie flies anymore.

This is her 4th one in the last 10 years. And yes she's got follow ups on this thing. I worry everytime she goes out the door in my own little way.

Jim

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am thankful for alot of things even though I am laid off right now. I think that the appropriate response among everyone here is that even though I have yet to catch anything yet on the fly................I am thankfull that I have been able to atleast get out there and continue the hunt for my first catch.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Glad to hear the Mrs is OK Jim.:thumb:
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Hopefully, we'll see you at the Hoh again this year.
:beer2:

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Jim! Glad to hear your wife is okay and the best to you and your family! :beer1:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Glad to hear she is doing well. Make sure she gets plenty of rest and care. A very happy Thanksgiving to all of you who visit this forum regularly. I feel I know many of you without ever being formally introduced. This is my favorite holiday of the year because my family always is together. I feel like many of you are family as well. I have many things to be thankful for and this site is one of them. Thanks for your comradery, help, and comments. Happy holidays to each and every one of you.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
What Steve said !!!!!iagreeiagree

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.