Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Mark Steudel
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All righty back with another edit. WARNING: This does contain hip hop music so if you aren't a fan you may want to just move along :D. Anyway this sorta turned into a rabbit hole of trying to learn some new editing techniques that you might see in music videos. I know that some folks may not like it, but hopefully a few of you do. Open to constructive feedback if you have any.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I personally like to see the flies used to catch the fish. You had a pic of a dog, which is always a bonus. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: msteudel

·
Mark Steudel
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally like to see the flies used to catch the fish. You had a pic of a dog, which is always a bonus. Thanks for sharing.
Haha ... need to remember add dogs to all edits :D I had tried to get a close up shot with a gopro in a dome housing, but I ended up turning it off while I recorded, and turned it back on when I stuck it back into my backpack .... yay 2 hours of backpack footage.

·
Mark Steudel
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think its great Mark. The music is associated to your, "style" so to worry about. A buddy likes to listen to hardcore gangster rap music at 4am on the way to the river.
Haha that's one way to wake up. I tend to listen to more folk/bluegrass/blues/funk/jazz music so that's what I generally use, but it was fun to try different styles of music to edit too.

·
Mark Steudel
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As long as I did not have to hear the music while fishing I am ok with it.

Personally, I have a problem with those fishers who make noise/talk on phone/or generally disrupt me while I am on the water.
I find it's the worst when you are on a lake, and you can hear the guy across the lake on the phone with someone.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
All righty back with another edit. WARNING: This does contain hip hop music so if you aren't a fan you may want to just move along :D. Anyway this sorta turned into a rabbit hole of trying to learn some new editing techniques that you might see in music videos. I know that some folks may not like it, but hopefully a few of you do. Open to constructive feedback if you have any.

Can you provide the same trigger warning next time if you go with country music? That stuff really offends my sensibilities.

Great work with the camera per the usual. Always very well done.

·
Mark Steudel
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you provide the same trigger warning next time if you go with country music? That stuff really offends my sensibilities.

Great work with the camera per the usual. Always very well done.
Haha I suppose it's only fair. I usually tend to go towards americana music for my stuff, but I'll keep that in mind next time :D.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Not a huge fan of hip hop, but well done sir; Needs more dog, sorta like needs more cowbell.

cheers

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Yeah, the music is a distraction. I'm not a fan of hip hop, but like OMJ noted, turning the sound off works wonders. A nice fish, but I didn't like this video nearly as much as your previous one. Not sure why; maybe because it doesn't tell that much of a story.

·
Mark Steudel
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the music is a distraction. I'm not a fan of hip hop, but like OMJ noted, turning the sound off works wonders. A nice fish, but I didn't like this video nearly as much as your previous one. Not sure why; maybe because it doesn't tell that much of a story.
Yeah I can see that. It ended up being more of a montage of the day then a story. I always find it interesting (sometimes frustrating) how I can film for the day and when I get back to my computer I don't have all the shots I want. I think I was really focused on trying to get a shot of them eating a skated fly, but always seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

·
Mark Steudel
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the video and the music, who's the group? Similar to Jurassic 5.
Yeah it definetly has a Jurassic 5 vibe. According to the site the artist is called Play Pause Record, but I couldn't actually find anything about them, so I wonder if it's like a clearing house for artists that sells their work to royalty free music services like AudioSocket.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.