Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BAMF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this probably doesnt matter too much to you guys but......ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

its been a while (since '92) but we are going to do it!!! National Champions after tonight.

I wish i was back home so i could bleed crimson with the rest of my folks!

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
NFR - Prick Saban?

Daniel, you are likely right. As of the last play Texas has a huge gap to fill. I just can't get into any positive vibe by Prick Saban. Mack Brown is at least more animated when interviewed and seems to want his team to have a good time.

·
BAMF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree with you on that as Sabin is prick and pretty much all about the money. I'm not a 100% bama fan..I'm actually a Auburn Tiger's fan, but a win would be nice for the state and the football tradition at the university. I can only imagine how crazy it is down there right now. Mark Ingram is a straight stud.

Hopefully they continue to play the same way in the second half. I dont think McCoy will come back in, Texas might want him back in but it might not be good for his future NFL career if he damages that shoulder any worse than it already is.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Looked a bit interesting at 21-24. At least Saban finally smiled and looked like he took the gatorade jug to the jaw!

·
BAMF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it did look interesting. It looked like the texas freshman qb was going to come alive and win the game for them, but that quickly came to a hault.

that was funny as hell when sabin got decked with the gatorade jug, they damn near dislocated his shoulder.

congrats to mark ingram too, kid had a hell of a year.

i need to go to bed but it's kinda of hard to after watching that game.

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
There are at least 25 to many bowl games being played nowadays. Any game advertised as a 'Bowl Game' that involves two 6-6 teams is just a testament to mediocrity. But there were some real dandies played this season. Who would have thought that the Roadys Humanitarian Bowl would be the best game played? Going for the win in the last few seconds with a 2-point conversion was a truly gutsy call and spared us the doldrums of yet another overtime field goal kick-a-thon. Idaho was a long time getting to a bowl game but they did it right when they got there.

For me it was a no-win situation no matter who won the big game. Both teams have pompous overpaid coaches whose salaries are an insult to our educational system. We could graduate a lot of science and engineering folk for what we are paying those bozos.

As for the final rankings Boise State should have been ranked 2nd ahead of two teams with a 1-loss record. Boise will play any BCS team that has the balls to take them on but there are virtually no takers willing to risk getting egg on their face. The pundits are constantly chattering about how easy Boise's schedule is but never make any mention of the fact that Florida played 3 teams this year that they beat by a combined 182-12. Texas played a similar number of powder puffs with the same results. Screw the BCS, it is a step back in time to colonialism and the caste system.

Next year the 'Dawgs will be in a bowl!

Ive

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I wish i was back home so i could bleed crimson with the rest of my folks!
Where y'all from Daniel? I grew up just south of the Magic City. My parents were serious Tide boosters going to most of the games both home and away. I went to BSC/UAB but was always a fan when it came to football. I was actually in N'awlins for New Years in 1992 for my honeymoon, pure coincidence of course... :thumb:

·
BAMF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I grew up in Birmingport and Jasper, AL. My family, like most alabama familys, has always been cut down the middle when it comes to college football, half Tide fans, half Tiger fans. Personally I'm a Tigers fan but I do cheer for the Tide when they're not playing Auburn or chasing them for a spot in the National Championship.
I remember the Sugar Bowl back in '92, I was 12 years old, we pretty much had a family reunion watching the game.
I also remember the good ol days when Bama and Auburn would meet in the middle at Legion Field for the Iron Bowl.

what town did you grow up in?

·
Registered
695 Posts
As for the final rankings Boise State should have been ranked 2nd ahead of two teams with a 1-loss record. Boise will play any BCS team that has the balls to take them on but there are virtually no takers willing to risk getting egg on their face. The pundits are constantly chattering about how easy Boise's schedule is but never make any mention of the fact that Florida played 3 teams this year that they beat by a combined 182-12. Texas played a similar number of powder puffs with the same results. Screw the BCS, it is a step back in time to colonialism and the caste system.

Ive
I would have to disagree. BJC played 1 legit team in the regular season (Oregon). Their entire schedule is "powder puffs" and they even had to squeak by a couple like UC Davis. Yes Florida and Texas play a few weak teams, but the average team they face would destroy any of the WAC teams BJC pads its record with. If they had played even a pac-10 schedule there is no way they would be in a BCS game. Maybe if they got rid of the horrendous blue filed other teams would be more willing to play them.

G

·
Personally I'm a Tigers fan but I do cheer for the Tide when they're not playing Auburn or chasing them for a spot in the National Championship.
I call BS.......I grew up in Nashville and have NEVER once heard a single TRUE Auburn fan call out Roll Tide, EVER. Or vice versa.

Must be a troll.:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I call BS.......I grew up in Nashville and have NEVER once heard a single TRUE Auburn fan call out Roll Tide, EVER. Or vice versa.

Must be a troll.:hmmm:
That's cause you're from Tennessee, might as well be from Iowa.

Indeed, we love to hate on each other but we hate anyone from outside 'Bama even more (unless it serves to advance our particular favorite). Especially Tennessee and Florida...

G

·
That's cause you're from Tennessee, might as well be from Iowa.

Indeed, we love to hate on each other but we hate anyone from outside 'Bama even more (unless it serves to advance our particular favorite). Especially Tennessee and Florida...
Well OK you must be the real deal, but for the record I hate UT as I am a life long Notre Dame fan....you can guess how I feel about 'Bama. I never miss an opportunity to remind my buddies there's a reason the College Football Hall of Fame is in South Bend, In.

Congrats' though, I was pulling for the Tide this time.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I don't know.. tough to get too excited about almost lossing to a true freshman quarterback. I don't care much either way, but it's a shame to see a big game go like that.

G

·
They are winners of "that bowl game", nothing more. No one is a true champ until they play an elimination system - playoff. They won the votes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.