Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gorgeous! How long does it take for you to tie that?
Thanks Augy and to all those who liked it.

Kind of hard to figure out exactly how much time is spent working on these but I figured around 16 hours or so on this one. So much time is spent finding the correct feathers, prepping them and hoping they do what you want, which doesn't always happen. I've spent as long as a hour going through golden pheasant crests just for one I can shape into a tail I like.

Mark

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I do have to chime in here for I am at the receiving end of this fly. Mark is extremely talented! I am amazed at how it turned out, It's absolutely perfect in every way.

I have plans for mounting it but my work schedule has left me zero time to work on it. I have a piece of barn wood that I'm going to frame paired with a piece of drift wood. I have it tucked in a safe place until I can give it the attention it deserves.

Thanks again Mark!!

Matthew

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
Thanks Nick, never see you anymore ? I'm still at the store on Saturdays, stop by when you can.

Mark
Been crazy busy this last eight months or so but I've made it in to the store here and there. Apparently just not on a Saturday lol. I'll try to make it in to shoot the breeze one of these days soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.