Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or Lenore Lake.

Took a drive out there today with some of my fishing coworkers to scope Lenore out, drove up the north end that I heard so much about. Everything I had read says it gets crowded, so we expected to see a couple people there even on a windy week day. Not a human soul. Just 6 cattle, their associated droppings, and a lot of foam on the shore. Is it really just that early in the season? Will the cattle go away? Are all the fish in the spawning channel?

explored some of the other access points before deciding we didn't really know where the 100 yard reg ended and it was too windy anyway. we had only seen a couple out of the spawn area, no large pods.

on the way home the bug was still biting so we dumped into rocky ford for an hour, had three on the line (olive scuds and nymphs) before the lightning persuaded us to leave. I had gone about 4 trips without even a strike so it was nice to get some tension on the line. felt smart switching to the scud early on when i saw how they were feeding, and I got to be the guy who answered the "what was that on" for once. loving it out here.

·
dirty dog
5,326 Posts
Mike

I don't know about the cows at Lake Lenore but for the trout. I believe the spawn is over and the fish are back out in the lake.
If the wind is not blowing you might be able to find risers to cast to. Sad thing is that the wind is always blowing (not really).
I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i haven't had any tick issues yet, knock on wood.

its weird to see cattle out on public land unattended coming from the midwest where there is very little public land that doesn't have a swing set on it. it was actually pretty funny to see 6 cows standing it what is allaegedly the busiest part of the lake for anglers.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
i haven't had any tick issues yet, knock on wood.

its weird to see cattle out on public land unattended coming from the midwest where there is very little public land that doesn't have a swing set on it. it was actually pretty funny to see 6 cows standing it what is allaegedly the busiest part of the lake for anglers.
Don't come to SW Montana. Here the cows are all over the place. In National forests and wading in all of the blue ribbon skinny water. The DFG gives the ranchers lots as to where their cattle graze in the mountains.

·
Banned
829 Posts
Eastern WA = ticks, and rattlesnakes & scorpions....

This seems to come up every year. If you are that concerned about ticks, stick to the wet side and you will have no problem.

MB
....except that I have heard of several run-ins with ticks on the wet side this year.

Better to not even leave the house, IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.