Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
What in the world would compel you to pimp out a small stream like this? Particularly one you enjoy fishing?

Oh yeah, wash your hands after fishing it, the creek is on a DOE watch list for Fecal Coliform.

·
Hot Carl
8,805 Posts
i really, really don't understand this mentality. why in the hell would anyone EVER want to display to literally thousands of people online where the fish are being caught? There are literally that many people sitting eagerly at their computer waiting to have fish handed to them, rather than giong out and doing the work themselves.

doing this will only put crowds of people in your favorite spot. Way to go

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Smokescreen to draw fishermen there from other more productive and pressured waters? I'm all for a nice conspiracy.

·
Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just givin good people, good info.Theres TONS of good fishing in the state. If people think just cause of my post every one is gonna pick up and leave there good fishing to come to my good fishing,well then your paranoid.I thought maybe out of hundreds that read this post maybe, and I mean maybe, one out of towner passing through might give it a try.And good for them, I welcome them.Other than that it's the locals thats ears are up to my post.And yes the locals may hit it up because of my post. And if they do show and see maybe one or two other fisherman and leave skunked they might blame me for the crowd. But I'll bet if they see one or two other fisherman and they leave with a fish, then they'll be glad they read my post.Face it no matter what I say it's never gonna be like fishing blood rock up at the hatchery.There may be a few fisherman but dude look around it's Salmon creek wich is in the middle of two very largely populated cookie cutter nieghborhoods,my neighborhood.Theres a very busy bike/walking trail right along side of it.Most of the ubstructions are man made, the fish are planted, and only because there is a demand.Without the demand no money would be put toward restoration.So fish on dude.

·
Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just givin good people, good info.Theres TONS of good fishing in the state. If people think just cause of my post every one is gonna pick up and leave there good fishing to come to my good fishing,well then your paranoid.I thought maybe out of hundreds that read this post maybe, and I mean maybe, one out of towner passing through might give it a try.And good for them, I welcome them.Other than that it's the locals thats ears are up to my post.And yes the locals may hit it up because of my post. And if they do show and see maybe one or two other fisherman and leave skunked they might blame me for the crowd. But I'll bet if they see one or two other fisherman and they leave with a fish, then they'll be glad they read my post.Face it no matter what I say it's never gonna be like fishing blood rock up at the hatchery.They may be a few fisherman but dude look around it's Salmon creek wich is in the middle of two very largely populated cookie cutter nieghborhoods,my neighborhood.Theres a very busy bike/walking trail right along side of it.Most of the ubstructions are man made, the fish are planted, and only because there is a demand.Without the demand no money would be put toward restoration.So fish on dude.
Look people I'm just giving a courtesy fishing report.I know tons of sites/hotlines that give daily reports of where, when to fish, and how to fish it.It's tough enough throwing fly's so its nice to know theres a community of good people sharing good info.I thought this site is where I could come and not be disrespected. It seems to me every one here at WFF respects each other and welcomes helping a fellow fly fisherman.That all I was trying to do....Im a nice guy folks.
However, I see my report has upset people. So I will no longer give a friendly report.Sounds like a bunch of gear heads hiding behind fly rods.Today the jerks won.

·
Stickin' pigs.
126 Posts
I love how everyone works sooo hard for their fish. I like to go fish for the relaxation of it and try not to get so bent out of shape about someone helpin out. How many of you fish that spot on a regular basis? Really? Give the guy a break.

Good on you Tedious.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I didn't read the referenced report so maybe I missed something. There can be some good info on this site, but geez . . . there's also some extreme, selfish sensitivity . . . hence the reason I rarely post any of my results. But if I ever do start doing this, I'll follow this format, assuming it is acceptable (and NO photos as too many folks are berated over these, also.) . . . "I went fishing somewhere at a secret spot no one has ever visited before; I caught fish; I had fun; I used hooks." Lighten-up folks . . . a smile really does beat a frown . . .

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Tediousthumper,

GOOD for you! nice origional post!

When I first got on this forum several years ago it was considered rude NOT to identify the river and the rock to stand on. Some would get down right nasty if these details were omitted. Then things shifted to the other extreme and that is when this S river thing started.

I recieved enough flaming PM's that I just sort of disappeared and lurked for a few years. I thought that the narrow mindset had finally worked it's way out. Guess I was wrong!

Regardless of what is posted someone will find a reason to complain and or take a personal affront. Perhaps that is why a lot of people don't post fishing results unless they are on major fishing waters such as the Yak. or Rocky Ford.

I have little inclination to post a fishing report. I use to but no longer! The ensuing BS isn't worth the aftermath.

Dave

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
I used to just love to name the river I was fishing in and catching in. Most rivers in the state of Washington are 50 to 75 miles long. Just as long as you don't give out the rock you were standing on, giving the name should be fine. Don't let all the negitve answers bother you. After all this is the internet. A lot of people read it but many don't respond to reports.

So good for you in naming your little corner of Washington.

·
Hot Carl
8,805 Posts
Look people I'm just giving a courtesy fishing report.I know tons of sites/hotlines that give daily reports of where, when to fish, and how to fish it.It's tough enough throwing fly's so its nice to know theres a community of good people sharing good info.I thought this site is where I could come and not be disrespected. It seems to me every one here at WFF respects each other and welcomes helping a fellow fly fisherman.That all I was trying to do....Im a nice guy folks.
However, I see my report has upset people. So I will no longer give a friendly report.Sounds like a bunch of gear heads hiding behind fly rods.Today the jerks won.
I understand the good intention of your report, and had I known it was an urban U-fish type place, I'd not have jumped all over it quite so harshly.

But what I'm getting at is that sharing info isn't wrong, I'd just be a little more selective on who you share info with. There are a lot of trolls that lurk these sites waiting for such a report so they can go do their damage. For all the good people on here, I can assure you there are plenty of snagging, non-resource respecting fools who lurk, but never post. I only share info via private messages, and in person. I just don't share too much for the world to see, I don't see what good can come of it. However, and this is a gray area, I think there are certain places where fish are stocked in numbers like Rocky Ford and such that we can talk about online all we want.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Tedioushumper don't worry about it. You could say that they were catching 1000 lb bluefin tuna by the truckload out of the Duamish Waterway on size 24 dry flies and the self appointed would scream that you were outing their favorite hotspot.

G

·
Thad isn't putting out any info that isn't already circulating hot and heavy in the poaching community (read Russian), so the trolls are already out doing their damage. Fortunately, since this creek is in the middle of a heavily populated suburb it gets a fair amount of enforcement activity.

·
Hot Carl
8,805 Posts
Thad isn't putting out any info that isn't already circulating hot and heavy in the poaching community (read Russian), so the trolls are already out doing their damage. Fortunately, since this creek is in the middle of a heavily populated suburb it gets a fair amount of enforcement activity.
a shame. i wouldn't have reacted the way i did had i known a bit more about the place. i just see people give up their spots so often on here out of the excitement of a good day of fishing, not really knowing how many undeserving eyes are prying in. i think we should enjoy our spots, and share them with our close fishing buddies, but not necessarily the rest of the world. but with an urban meat fishery, i agree it's not such a huge issue.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Concerns about giving up "the secret spot" ... hate to break the bad news to those who still believe, but that's a thing of the past. bawling:

There's been a couple of recent technologies that have pretty much made those three words an oxymoron... (and I don't want to hear any off hand comments about those three words from those of you with your mind in the gutter!):rolleyes:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Tedioushumper,
@%$# them, this state has so much water to fish and if the person is not scared to try some new tactics, they can land fish all over this state. In Alaska I would be upset becaue there is only a few rivers to fish on the road system and only one in the winter, but down in the lower 48 there are so many. Last weekend I drove 600+ miles and fished 3 different systems and landed fish at each. The other thing I have learned down here is that most people hate to drive far for a day or two. So they plan a few big trips a year and stay close to home the rest. I don't think alot of guys from Seattle packed up and drove south as soon as you posted the thread. I think most guys put the info in the fish library in their brain and think if they are ever around that area and need to fish, here is another option.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.