Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Aint no nookie like chinookie
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only guy who makes the goob in the toyota add swat bees, and dodge gators during a trential downpoor... Just wonder'n ...:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
OK, I get it, this is a trick!!!:beathead:

·
545 Posts
I've found myself doing that before. Then I realized I was getting dumber by the second... He's talking about the ad that comes up on the right hand side of this site from time to time. Be on the look out and you'll see it....

·
Formerly FlyCatcherman, formerly Don_The_Fly
105 Posts
All these ads you see mostly are google sponsored ads. They are "pay-per-click" which means every time you click on that ad it will cost whoever is advertising some money. Since most of these companies have deep pockets, it would take thousands of clicks without a return for them to pull them or stop advertising on a web channel. This is why Google, Yahoo, Bing and the other search engines make the money they do. It's just like TV. It may be free but you have all the advertisment that you have to watch to make it free to you. I would also think that the forum gets paid something from Google for the ads as well. It does take money to run a forum like this and to keep it going and up to date. To me it is a small price to pay for what we get from this. I'm just sayin.......

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Nope I'm right here fellers, just cool'n off .... That pic would be my kid ! :rofl::rofl:

For cry'n out loud boys every time you logged on the last week that add was right in yer grill...:ray1:

·
Registered
854 Posts

Nope I'm right here fellers, just cool'n off .... That pic would be my kid ! :rofl::rofl:

For cry'n out loud boys every time you logged on the last week that add was right in yer grill...:ray1:
Grammar being what it is today....anyone know the difference between "ad" and "add?" Apparently knot......

Jc

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Grammar being what it is today....anyone know the difference between "ad" and "add?" Apparently knot......

Jc

Oh, yer good ... Reely good...:hmmm: You may want to drop the "K" in "Not" there champ...:rofl:

hell, he does the polka if you click on all them at once !! Check it out golfman !!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
All these ads you see mostly are google sponsored ads. They are "pay-per-click" which means every time you click on that ad it will cost whoever is advertising some money. Since most of these companies have deep pockets, it would take thousands of clicks without a return for them to pull them or stop advertising on a web channel. This is why Google, Yahoo, Bing and the other search engines make the money they do. It's just like TV. It may be free but you have all the advertisment that you have to watch to make it free to you. I would also think that the forum gets paid something from Google for the ads as well. It does take money to run a forum like this and to keep it going and up to date. To me it is a small price to pay for what we get from this. I'm just sayin.......
There are two primary optimization models for google advertisers. one is Click Thru and the other is Conversion optimization. Both rely on people clicking ads. If everyone ignores an ad, google will stop serving it on this site and replace it with a new ad. Chris can also blacklist ads if they are offensive or don't jive with his site. If you see one you like, click on it, if not, don't click on it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.