Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formerly known as "capmblade"
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever thought to yourself "How Do they clip the fins off of 1,000,000 baby fish?"

My wife recently did a stint at the hatchery as a fin-clipper. She took some pictures and video.
I thought the process was interesting so I put some words on it and posted it.

http://capmblade.blogspot.com/2010/02/glamour-of-fin-clipping.html

·
No longer here
4,034 Posts
That's interesting about the soothing bath they take to calm them down. Might explain why they never fight like a wild fish- they never fully recover from the liquid quaaludes!
Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Thanks David. I always wondered how that process took place. Also, you have a great blog, or whatever you call that web-site of yours (not up on the blog lingo). It looks like your family has a lot of fun! It was actually kind of inspiring. I think I need to get out and take more day-cations with my girls. Thanks for sharing.
Take care,
Mike

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
DH, great post. It has been a while since I've visited your blog...or read one of your reports. You two should reward each other with a nice fishing trip. Thanks for sharing your shirt and Amy's clipping experience.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
you need to visit the 'clipping trailer' when its in your area. totally amazing what can happen with the ingenious melding of mechanical and electrical engineering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.