Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
126 Posts
Is this one of those stories from Boblawless or is he speaking what he actually believes??

First of all, I called Senator Caldwell today. Well atleast I tried as nobody in Washington DC could track down a Senator Caldwell.

Anyways! Bob's pessemistic attitude thankfully, is rare! There are many out there doing what they can to fight for the survival of our wild steelhead. It is one tough uphill battle but strides are being made!!

The largest problem I have with Bob's post, is his desire to segregate the various type of fishermen, the vast majority of us want the same goal: Statewide wild steelhead release year round, no exceptions, because we want more wild steelhead in our rivers!

The Wild Steelhead Coalition, when formed, consisted mainly of gear fishermen who were NOT meat fishermen! The vast majority of gear fishermen want statewide wild steelhead release (aside from Mt. Vernon and Forks) and Bob's comments do nothing but give US flyfishermen an elitist label! His comments do nothing but hurt the wild steelhead of Washington's chance for survival.

Do not listen to Bob! And be optimistic,!! And get involved! And join a group such as the Wild Steelhead Coalition!!

Secondly, I apologize if Bob's original post was just a "Story from Boblawless" and thus, not actually serious.

· Banned
126 Posts
>Well, it's mainly locals who feel that the fish belong
>to them because that's the way it has always been.
>Almost all of these guys are gear people.

And it is almost ALL flyfishermen that are targeting salmon on the NF Stilly in the Summer and Fall when the river is flyfishing only and CLOSED to fishing for salmon!

We do not look so good now, do we?

We are just as much part of the problem as gear fishermen and gear fishermen are just as much part of the solution as we are!

Outside of these local areas, there are very few gear fishermen I know of that kill wild steelhead. And well, inside these local areas, there are a few flyfishermen I know of that kill wild steelhead.

Again Bob, your rhetoric is going to get us NOWHERE!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.