Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached to my Helios 9' 5 wt Mid Flex 6.5 that I lost at the "State" launch today on the Yakima. Gray limited edition Orvis Battenkill LA III reel. I tied it up yesterday and happened to take a nice 13" rainbow with it after just a couple of casts....so, good mojo.

Hoping that karma (I turned in several high-end rods I found near Lee's Ferry, AZ a few years back) comes back around and I get this back.

Thanks,

Derek

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
That sucks, hope you get it back.

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
Sucks about the rod but glad you got it back.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suffered from the glow of a beautiful Fall day on the river, and in my haste to get back on the road, mistakenly left it on the top of the truck, where it launched itself onto the ground as I drove off, covered in leaves. Where, and it could have been me, it was run over and broken - either when I went back in a hurry ( you know that feeling of getting kicked in the balls?) after swiftly whipping a shitty on I-90 West of Cle Elum and storming down the road hoping to find it right by the launch...

It was a relief to find it, and get the reel back too - it was unharmed. The secret fly was intact as well - in fact, I used it again and it's mojo is still alive.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Derek, glad you recoverd the rod. The warranty will be a piece of cake. The fly is irrelevant. You sir, are the mojo.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Derek.

This probably won't make you feel better but a friend of mine hunting pheasant left his new $2000 dollar OU on the canopy of his truck and forgot it and drove off. About 10 miles down a gravel road the light come on and back we went. Finally we found it and to say the least it was really bad!

From that I learned, when gettting back to the rig be it shot gun, rifle or fly rod set it on the hood of the truck or what ever and the first thing I do is properly secure it and take care of it. The vest is hung on the mirror is the second thing to take care of.

Glad you reaquired the rod and their is a warranty.

Dave

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Derek.

This probably won't make you feel better but a friend of mine hunting pheasant left his new $2000 dollar OU on the canopy of his truck and forgot it and drove off. About 10 miles down a gravel road the light come on and back we went. Finally we found it and to say the least it was really bad!

From that I learned, when gettting back to the rig be it shot gun, rifle or fly rod set it on the hood of the truck or what ever and the first thing I do is properly secure it and take care of it. The vest is hung on the mirror is the second thing to take care of.

Glad you reaquired the rod and their is a warranty.

Dave
Thanks Dave - I know, I am quite organized, just one of those things.....

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've had a couple bad experiences. Leaned a float tube against the passenger side of my rig...before driving over it. Leaned a rod against my rig...before driving over it. Now, I seem able to catch myself before making the same mistake. I either take a moment to put it away...or lean it against a tree or bush. Should I forget it, I still have a crack at getting it back. That beats...driving over it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
One day out on the OP I left my Sage XP and Abel Super 8 on the roof of my car. I had gotten distracted by all of the trash at this one access point and filled up a garbage bag full of it, put it in the trunk and promptly forgot my rod and reel where on the roof. Drove a little ways down the highway and heard the crash of the rod and reel on pavement. The reel got the worst of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.