Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those guys at Creekside Fly Shop are great. Always helpful and always willing to go the extra mile. Took the fly tying class and fly fishing classes and it was awesome. Bret, the instructor, goes the extra mile and makes the classes fun and packed full of knowledge. Pete, the shop owner, is wonderful. Insightful and helpful.

Great customer service. Something you dont see much of anymore.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
We've all heard they're great! Some have even experienced it but there really are many great shops and more in higher populated areas so the reason for fewer mentions. I don't remember seeing any negative comments at all. I have been there in Issaquah with my son but I haven't done business with them.

·
Senior Moment
5,472 Posts
Creekside IS a great FF shop. It's not on my regular path but worth the trip to Issaquah occasionally. I probably should stop by the Seattle store sometime as that's closer for me (but there's a guy in the Iss. shop that I've enjoyed since his Warshalls days). IMO we are blessed with some great fly shops here in Pugetopolis, and it's their respective staffs that make the difference. I always hate to see a local shop close but competition is great for the consumer.

Chef
Bellevue - Orvis
Seattle South - Puget Sound Fly Company
Seattle - Creekside & Kaufmanns. You should try Patricks too, oldest shop around.
Seattle North - Avid Angler is great as is Pacific Fly Fishers in Mill Creek

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
It's probably my favorite shop anywhere near Seattle. Leland and crew at Orvis in B'vue are great too. Between the two, I have great selection of gear and great people to get advice from. I used to go to Kman in B'vue too, but now that they're only in Seattle, they're too far away.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Once a member of the Creekside crew, I can vouch for the guys and their knowledge. All of them are excellent and willing to help, whomever you may be. One of the last great fly shops out there, I believe they have been around for nearly 15 years.

Long before the AEG's, Beattie Productions and such, Pete and Todd made videos that IMHO blow away anything out there to this date. The above video is just a small taste, they were making and filming stuff of that quality in the late 80's and 90's. Maybe if you go in there, they will play one of these legendary VHS tapes for you too!

·
aka Dave Hoover
1,348 Posts
I've been in Creekside Angling (Issaquah) a few times this year and they've been great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.