Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Hey - don't educate em' too much... I'm a couple weeks out from making the exodus west!
Strong work
:thumb

PS I think water temps are just getting into TM territory. Did you get a read?

G

·
I've heard that Tiger Muskies don't really adversely impact salmonids where they are introduced because Tiger Muskies don't get really active (for feeding) until most trout have sought water that Tiger Muskies aren't patrolling (deeper).
Tiger Muskies are a Northern Pike/Muskellunge hybrid which is naturally renderred non-reproductive by the crossing. They are introduced to target rough fish that so happen to prefer the same water temps/depth (shallows) as the Tiger Muskies do.
Of course, Green Lake isn't THAT deep (how deep is it?), so maybe the trout won't have too far to go. But they're just a bunch of Purina Fish Chow raised hatchery squirts anyways (but will be better off without the competition from the "undesirables" in the long run).
I think, too, that Tiger Muskies make Green Lake suddenly... intriguing if not fascinating (but that's just IMHO).
LONG LIVE THE TIGER MUSKIE!!!
:beer2

·
Registered
846 Posts
A tiger musky is a hybred between a Northern Pike and a Musky.. The resulting offspring are sterile.

My understanding is that they eat scrap fish, like bluegills, much more than trout.

Wildram... You beat me to it! :bawling

·
Stephen Mull
645 Posts
The trout in greenlake are Purina Fish Chow or whatever? There are some real nice trout in there. They have been planting triploids lately. I saw aabout a 22 in. triploid pulled form there today. Very nice fish.

G

·
Dude - shhhhhh..... like I was saying, they'll be better off in the long run if they don't have rough fish to contend with (they have been introduced elsewhere in the interest of trout).

G

·
Cdub Girl -
That's amazing considering it took me ten-times the text to say the same damn thing! You must be one of those Engrish majors (can you find the typo?).
:professor

·
Registered
846 Posts
English major?? No way! I'm a political science major.

I'm thinking you must be as well with the way you elaborate your ideas! :p

G

·
Engrish or Poly Sci... I WAS an English major a couple different quarters in a couple different years, and one thing I remember learning was that ellaborate is not necessarily the best means of communication when retaining attention of the reader is concerned -
You can see how well THAT took hold!
L8Rs

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think the tiger muskey experiment in Green Lake will only last till the baby ducks start disappearing right before the eyes of Emerald City children on their daily stoll around the lake with Mom and Dad. Of course we can't subject our beloved waterfowl to this brutality, WDFW will be deluged with calls to stop the duck killing monsters in the lake and Fish & Wildlife will have to cleanse the lake and start over. Till then I am going to set up a little stand along the trail at the south end selling live bait and baby duck lures with #2 treble hooks, and espresso, of course! :thumb

·
Slainte
6,629 Posts
This thread is so ripe for the picking...

Poly-Sci...is that any oxymoron or what?

Baby Duck patterns...can I get a dozen mallards, please?

Expresso, why anyone drinks that bitter nitro coffee is beyond me, and the lingo that goes with it is so...FooFoo it make me wanna loose my lunch.

Emerald City liberals, Goddang, don't even get me going...

Tiger Muskies, (were you wondering when the hell I was gonna talk fish?) now that sounds interesting. I'm gonna have to take a day off and bring my MacRowdy triple bunny frappe wing dings with a twist. (or was that a strip???)

Love? There ain't no love in Everett!

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Registered
196 Posts
http://pescarul.com/spinning/Lures/duck.htm

Pay Pal or Money Order for the mallards? And would you like foam on your skinny two tall? And yes, we will have those new waterproof cup holders for float tubes next week. Thanks for stopping by Muskiebucks.

I am going to have to get my own line of float tubes out before Starbucks jumps on the bandwagon and tries to run me out of business.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
HOLY CRAP....that is awesome....its too bad I cant cast otherwise I might buy me one of them there duck/mallard lures and go fishing me for some of them there muskys. Those are awesome lures.
~Patrick ><>

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.