Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
dead drifting into thread drift
5,755 Posts
I like watching that video, especially when he nonchalantly casts with his left hand and casts both rods in one hand. I think the only graphite rod I have that I use relatively regularly is a 10' 4wt that I use for trout nymphing (long glass is too much work for that kind of fishing)....but I totally agree that it's more about the fun factor for me and I've always accepted the (minor) limitations of the material and in the vast majority of situations I wouldn't have it any other way (not just for trout and bass fishing, but for muskies as well). I also think that there's a lot more technology in the glass rods currently being put out that narrows that performance (speaking distance here) gap some as well.

Cheers.

·
Let's Go Brandon!!
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also think that there's a lot more technology in the glass rods currently being put out that narrows that performance (speaking distance here) gap some as well.
I'm just waiting for Graphene to be incorporated into Glass rods. Think it'll be a whole new ball game...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.