Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, yeah I know it's the height of fishing/vacation season, but after seeing the hawg flies I've decided we need to keep these swaps rolling. I'll play swapmeister for this one and here are the parameters:

1. Dry flies only

2. Size 10 or larger, none of this wussy size 18 stuff

3. 12 tiers, not including me. That way we each tie a dozen

4. Due by 7/19. That gives us plenty of time, especially since I have two weeks of fishing coming up. one in B.C. and the second on the Green River (Utah).

I'll be tying a size 8 stimulator (color to be determined)

First twelve to respond are in...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Count me in for the monster attractor fly swap. I am thinking a #6 Royal Wulff or something similar. I also read the thread about doing terrestrials. If general consensus is is to go that way, I am flexible. :smokin

Looking forward to it, after looking at the Chironomid pictures. It will be nice to be in at the start, I won't have to tie 40 flies in two nights. :beer1

Wazoo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Count me in. I will tie up a stone fly pattern of sorts. I have been messing around with different materials and styles so I don't know what to call it, but the fish like it. I will just list the materials since I don't have a name for it: moose hair tail, palmered olive grizzly hackle (undersized), white yarn indicator on top, white rubber legs, black foam body, and moose hair beard. All of this will be tied on a size #6 hook. Oh yeah, the fish love it up in the mountains around here!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Hey, Gotchasr,
If you bomb out on the Green River (many do), try to feed those big cruisers you see swimming by a few size twenty flies or smaller. BWO is just fine but Adams will work as well. If you do well, post it on this site so I can become famous. If you don't, then, well, just forget I said anything.
Bob:beer2

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump. The intererest doesn't seem to be overwhelming. Would it help if I modified it to an attractor/terrestrial swap?

Bob, you can be sure that if I tear it up on the Green I'll take full credit myself, and attribute it to my incredible fishing prowess. If I don't, it will be due to the weather.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have never done a swap...I'd be more interested if I knew of something to tie! So many patterns...not enough hooks! If somebody could point me in the way of a few patterns I'd take a stab...narrow it down? I'm married so I have been converted to taking directions...thinking outside the box isn't a program anymore!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, so far I have the following individuals:

Me - Stimulator
Wazoo - Royal Wulff
WW - Stonefly
Roper - Something special
Mac - some creepy crawly thing or another
Andrew - TBD
Local - Chernobyl ant
Alpine Trout - Mark McGwire Chernobyl hopper

Based on the last few swaps this is not something you want to miss out on. Plenty of room still! Step right up...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Let's see, due by 7/19...

Aah hell, I've never done a swap on this board before, and this one sounds right up my alley 'cuz I'll get a bunch of ideas for my Chile tying.

Will email pattern soon. There going to be a 12 person maximum?

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
-Paul Schullery

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I've got some good ants. Last time I was in B.C., I got in on the ant hatch. A few got in my pants, and I caught them in a jar that I held at the cuffs while I jumped about.
So I have good models. I hope terrestinal are included; if so, sign me up. Then watch out. I have a few of the ants that I threaded on small hooks and then varnished them with epoxy. Is this bait? And yes, they are the ones from my pants. Not to worry, I had a bath about a week before capture so they should be clean enough.
Bobby:beer2

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
ants in your pants...

ants, pants, rants, cants, plants, dance, schmance. I ain't touching nothing that's been in your pants Bob, I don't care how often you bathe.
:eek :eek :eek

Seriously, where does one find a good supply of raffia??

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Registered
10 Posts
After getting all those great flies in the chrinomid swap I'd like to try it again - this time I won't wait to the last minute and have to stay up late to finish - yeah right. Anyways if you have room for one more count me in. I'll tie a Lafontaine Hopper. :thumb

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.