Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I can't believe that I just posted and when I submitted it it went to la la land. What a waste of ten minutes. It takes me a long time because I use the hunt and peck method.:p

We to meet flybill and friend(Erik) I think that is how it's spelled. He is up camping on the Beckler river at the campground. Well we headed over and out to the Foss river. Tried to find some areas that I used to know about to gain access to the west fork. Well they were all over grown and could not find the river. From the we tried the Tye,but Nada. From there back to the Beckler. Same results. But I have one added attraction. I took a tumble and screwed up my leg so fishing was out for me for the day. Now I'm sitting here and don't want to move because it is uncomfortable on my stupid leg. One piece of advice don't fall on rocks or get to old to fish.

One more thing,saw a raccoon today but was in luck because it didn't want to attack me. All in all it was a good day but I think that all the rivers in that area are still to high as some of the areas that I was wading in are usually high and dry when ever I fish up in that neck of the woods. I guess that I will just have to spend more time over on the S/F of the Sauk. But that could be another story.

Jim

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Older Bro,
You post alot but then you fish alot and you share what you experienced. Hell of a dude! Makes me proud to have such a good bro. in the family. Get some worms, find a hole, stick your leg in the water and watch your bobber.
Just some advice from the kid.
Babbyoo :beer2

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

The closest that I would get to a worm and a bobber would be a San Juan worm and a strike indicator.. And no my waders didn't tear. Isn't it funny that you can take a tumble,fall on the rocks and hurt yourself but not damage your waders.. These are the breathable ones,now if I would of done this with neoprenes they probably would of torn.

For some reason unkown to me that just before I slipped and came down on my knee,I thought to myself that I was going to slip and fall. That was very strange..... Karma:dunno

Jim

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,846 Posts
Well at least I know that you made it back with your bum leg!

I'll continue the report for the rest of the weekend. Unfortunately we did more exploring than fishing, but it was still good. We fished from the campground in the afternoon and part of the evening. After sticking with dries, sometimes with a dropper, I decided to try a double nymph rig and finally hooked up with a small but energetic bow! It was an LDR, but the four jumps he took were awesome to watch!

Sunday we started off in the spot you showed us and fished there for a couple of hours with no results. I threw many different combo's, but didn't get any hits or see an signs that the fish were there. Lots of Caddis around, but no fish that I could see.

We then went off to the little creek that you pointed out to us and fished it for an hour or so. There were some campers staked out in the spot where you usually go, but we did find some access. The water was a little high, but it was some pretty pocket water!

Should have headed back to the Tye, but decided to check out the Miller on the way back. It looked a little high, but in good shape, but we didn't have a lot of time so we headed back. We did stop at the Tolt / Snoqualmie confluence in Carnation on the way back home and did land a nice little cutt. I was surprised that there wasn't anyone else out on such a nice evening.

Anyway, it was an awesome weekend! Thanks for the info Jim!

:beer1

Bill

·
Registered
130 Posts
I finally got around to fishing Lenice at night. Saturday. I kicked butt! I caught 15 fish after it got dark! All rainbows, which I though was odd, between 18-22 and one that went 24. The big one was into the backing before I could pick up my rod.

I trolled a big, bead head black leech very fast. lots faster than normal!

I did catch one 22 inch brown on a dry fly just before it got dark. I almost didn't fish after dark because I had forgotten my other glasses and only had my dark glasses. I finally said the hell with it I wouldn't be able to see sh** anyhow and took them off and had the time of my life.

It lasted until about 11 o'clock then no hits for 15 minutes so I left. I made three phone calls to friends to rub it in, in-between fish, and during all three phone call I got "fish on" and let them hear the zinging of the reel! One wife answered the phone about 10:30 and told me I was crazy but did let me talk to her husband! I told her maybe so but I was catching big fish and lots of them!

There were two hatches going on and I would have changed to a big deer hair caddis to try but could see sh** even with my head lamp on, which would create a swarm every time I turned it one to land a fish. My hat was covered with dead bugs the next morning, had to get a whiskbroom to sweep them off.
:thumb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.