Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feb 15-pitchers and catchers report. Soon the TV will bear pictures of the Boys of Summer fielding grounders and chasing fungos on GREEN GRASS under sunlit skies! A true harbinger of spring as the lowland lakes open in just 2 weeks and the weather reports for this area start using the F word-forties. It hardly seems possible with the entire back side of my house completely buried by snow and over 3' still on the ground. But there is hope as the 15 day prediction shows above freezing daytime temps from now on.

The winter from hell is winding down and hopefully our sanity will start to filter back in with more sunlight and warmer temps. Reward yourself-buy something nice or go someplace different to change up the scenery. With months of gloom in the rear view mirror it is easy to get pumped up for spring, it is easy every year but this year even more so. Enjoy.

Ive

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
Ive - don't think I've ever had such a longing for spring! Woke up this morning to another one of those "ice pellets" as weatherundergound calls "freezing rain". Got the driveway deiced without falling and breaking a bone so life is good! Go M's (I like the Red Sox too)! And melt you freakin' snow and ice. Ice pellets?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, Ive! I miss spring training. Used to live in Tucson, and after that I used to go to a conference in FL every spring, and would catch some games. Plus, as many have noted, it does point to the change of the season.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
So what about the M's? Another almost .500 year and a maybe into the playoffs in Aug. and Sept. Or are they going to come out and actually be a contender with some sort of real hope for a legitimate run?

Dave

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Heading down to Phoenix in a couple weeks for some baseball, then off to Costa Rica for two weeks to go flog the water and get skunked in warm weather.
Down in C.R. now. Not fishing but the weather cannot be beat...dare I say to warm and sunny!

Can I ask a question: worth bring a flyrod down? This is my 3rd trip down here and the only place I vacation without a flyrod. Figured it was not worth the hassle. Am I wrong?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.