Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I’m a whale
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
schmokin'reel!!!!

anybody been up to the mouth in the last three days! there was three large pools of , look to be last years summer run babies? i dont know? i drove past them thinking it was a huge dark spot in this shallow water. a fisherman stopped me and told me to come take a look. i have never saw such a sight in my life. 20 feet by 10 - 15 feet wide and maybe 4 feet deep of water , one entire mass of fish, 6-8 inchers some look 10+, maybe a safe estimate at 2000 fish in each pool. incredable!!!!!!!! they might still be there today, take a look at just below the mouth and the foot bridge. :smokin bhudda

·
Patrick
1,792 Posts
I agree with Tight Loops. Having just helped to plant Salmon fry in the Walker creek and North Creek the fish tend to stay together for a while after being in small bins together. A guess after being so tightly packed it takes awhile to get used to having so much room. Ours from the time they are eggs till they are released are in bins of about 12"-18"-6". We release ours soon after they hatch and lose their egg sack. If they are raised bigger then I feel they would stay together even longer since up till then its all they know. It takes a few months to get to a 6" size. The ones I helped to release were about 1.5" long many even smaller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.