Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old School Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in finding some bass action in King or Snohomish county...I've got a few lakes in mind and I've tied some flashy woolley buggers and zonkers in various colors. I would love to get into some topwater popper/hairbug action, but I am doubtful of finding bass ready to nail a surface bug...

Give a yell if you have had luck on the surface. No need to tell me your secret lake, just give me some hope that it can be done around here.

My fishing kayak is rigged with a rod holder and ready to explore...

Thanks
-Piscean
Attached is an illustration of what I'm looking for, so far drawing them is easier than catching them...

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/dc/user_files/447.jpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
It is still too early for topwater action. I know a guy who's been hitting some nice fish on jigs, but he knows his stuff. Shouldn't be to hard to find a lake. They nearly all have them. My favorite local lakes are really more ponds than lakes. You have to hike in, and you've got it em all to yourself. Those types of spots really aren't hard to find if warmwater species are your quarry.

Derek

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
what do i know, im just a kid

ive done well at flowing lake, (in fact i have pictures to post soon), lake ki and lake goodwin. goodwin is fun because the majority of your fish will be smallies. smallmouth take well to topwaters, especially in the late evenings. two summers ago i had a great time nailing them one after another in mid july. they would hit about anything that was up top. smallmouth IMO fight much better than a largemouth of similiar size. they also jump a lot more. most of the smallies youll hook into at goodwin will be somewhere around 8-12 inches long but they get much bigger. in 1998 i caught a 6 lb smallie out of there that taped out at 21 in long. that was easily one of the hardest fighting fish ive ever caught. just wait for the weather to warm, and pick a lake and fish it to death. good luck and maybe ill join you! :thumb

~sean~

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Goodwin and Cassidy would be your best bets in Sno. Co. although it's early for topwater, that's summer action. And don't forget the yellow perch, they're fun on a 4 wt.

Don't know much about King Co.

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Lake Bosworth Has some big bass in it but you have to wait for the opener to fish it and Lake Terrell up in Whatcom Co.

What you need is the book Henning's Washington Fishing Guide. It lists most of the lakes in Western Washington and whats in them and how to get to them. Of course mine is a few years old and I think I paid $12.95 It probably costs more now.

Jim

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dont know bout meridian but i know sawyer has both small and largemouth, and a thousand other kinds of fish. Most of the bass fisherman fish at i believe the south end. Its the end with a bunch of reeds, lilly pads and an inlet. Also around the islands, in the coves, around the docks, etc. Me and a buddy have caught smallmouths with a worm and bobber...

Tyler

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.