Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Joe, any reason for wanting metal rollers? Metal rollers can be hard on a little pram, plus metal is a slippery surface. Rubber is better, soft yet sticky surface unlike metal. Also, metal will rust at some point.

Could go with these. Keep roller on "u" shaped bracket, but unbolt from square tubing. Bolt "u" bracket with rubber rollers attached to flat trailer surface like what you have pictured.

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/tie-down-engineering-fixed-angle-roller-guide-86102

Or, purchase two or more 12" keel rollers and a "u" bracket for each keel roller.
Musical instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory Motor vehicle
Bicycle part Tool Rim Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I built one like the one pictured with harbor freight lumber rollers. Screwed the roller mount to a treated 2x4 and then bolted the 2x4 to the trailer deck. You can pop off the rollers in the off season to reduce weathering.
Worked like a charm for the raft because I couldn't find a cheap roller or anybody to weld a roller bar cheap.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Cool pic but is that woman 7ft tall and sitting down? Who's foot is that by the fishes head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fishnow

·
Registered
767 Posts
Not only that, did the rod break near handle? On lady's left, your right in picture, fly line loops back to fighting butt seen on lap of fisher woman. Perhaps wearing stilts fitted with wading shoes while flats fishing is the "in" thing?

Cool pic but is that woman 7ft tall and sitting down? Who's foot is that by the fishes head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
I assume she's either standing or kneeling in the shallow water, but she'd have to be standing on one foot and sticking the other out to cradle the fish, seems like that would be tough. And that foot looks awfully big for a gal. But maybe the perspective is just goofed up, like when you hold a fish out at arms length in a picture it looks bigger than it really is. And yeah, the rod is confusing too... almost would have to be broken to look like that.

Still it's an awesome photo.

Reactions: Fishnow

·
Registered
767 Posts
With that size of fish I would expect a broken rod. That pictured fish, which I do not recall the name, are one tough fighting fish. That much I do know. Maybe a Jack Crevalle , does that sound correct?

She would have to be sitting on her butt with legs extended straight out! Leg length looks out of proportion compared to body torso. Shoe size is hugely unproportioned.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I built one like the one pictured with harbor freight lumber rollers. Screwed the roller mount to a treated 2x4 and then bolted the 2x4 to the trailer deck. You can pop off the rollers in the off season to reduce weathering.
Worked like a charm for the raft because I couldn't find a cheap roller or anybody to weld a roller bar cheap.
Great suggestion! Will follow your advice.

·
Registered
609 Posts
She may very well have broken the rod at the handle when they were trying to wrangle the fish in close. I have no doubt that trying to tail a jack crevalle can be quite a goat rope. After more thought, I'm convinced the foot belongs to someone else, almost certainly her local guide who ducked under the water briefly for them to take the photo.

·
Registered
767 Posts
She may very well have broken the rod at the handle when they were trying to wrangle the fish in close. I have no doubt that trying to tail a jack crevalle can be quite a goat rope. After more thought, I'm convinced the foot belongs to someone else, almost certainly her local guide who ducked under the water briefly for them to take the photo.
Well, if the guide is at the end of that foot, it is very apparent why lady fisher is smiling! Guide is snorkeling for clam. :>)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.