Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm a grad student, recently transplanted from the Rockies to Washington DC. After fishing my brains out for years while living in the west, I have not fished since starting school in August. Anyone ever see an addict during the detox phase....yeah, it's been something like that for me in the past 6 months. BUT, I am planning a GLORIOUS escape from class (and the city) for a week or so and am heading out to the Olympic Peninsula for a fishing rendezvous with some friends on February 3. Here's my question - I'm looking to hear about the best options for transport FROM the Seattle airport to the Forks, WA area. Does anyone know of a bus route, shuttle service, etc. that runs that route or close enough? The grad student budget will play into my decision, but any ideas would be more than appreciated!
Best,
Brian

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I think Iggie is on point. If you don't puddle jump you can take a Kitsap Airport shuttle from SeaTac to the Bremerton area or to Poulsbo. Kitsap transit from Bremerton to Poulsbo. From Poulsbo you can take Jefferson County Transit to Clallam County Transit. I just looked at the maps, doable if you are patient and schedule it all out. Google "Kitsap Airporter", "Kitsap Transit" , "Jefferson County Transit" and "Clallam County Transit" and you'll have all you need to put all the puzzle peices together. Best of luck with that creative travel plan, and even better fishing.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have gone from Port Angeles all the way to SEATAC on public transportation,a few times. Clallam Transit PA- Sequim $0.75. Sequim - P.T. $1.25 ask for a transfer. P.T. - Poulsbo $0.00 use your transfer. Poulsbo- Bainbridge Ferry $2.00. Ferry from Bainbridge - Seattle FREE going east. Pioneer Square - Seatac $2.50. Total $6.50, and one long day! The prices on most transit systems has gone up some and you will have to pay to come this waay on the ferry, it's still pretty cheap, beats driving and paying to park my truck for a week or more. Like I said just plan on a long day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, guys. VERY helpful. I think I have a plan worked out! Appreciate your insight, and may your fishing karma be especially good this year for helping me break the longest non-fishing streak I've had in YEARS :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.