Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We are considering traveling from Canada to the State of Washington for some fly fishing during the last 2 weeks of April. We are hopping to camp and would be interested hiring a guide but not for the whole duration of the trip (for most of the time we'd like to fish on our own). This is a whole new environment and country for us so we have a few questions:

- Where to go? So far I looked at the Sol Duck and the Bogachiel. What do they look like in late April? Would you recommend them? Do you have better options to propose?

- Fishing license and access fees for non US resident. Any info will be appreciated.

Any information you can offer will be much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Indi Ira
9,505 Posts
Hell! did I wrote August? My appologize, I'll be there for the last 2 weeks of April. Sorry for the confusion.
So, you would like to target Steelhead? If so, the OP is really the only option, and hiring a guide @Jim Kerr is a great option. Even so, your chances will be limited.

Now, if instead you were open to fishing lakes in the area (which will not ultimately compare to what you have in Canada later in the season) we could help you out all over the state.

Where do you think you will be staying? Are you open to fishing in Eastern Washington, or are you fixed on the Peninsula? Do you have a floating devise or will you be bank bound?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are tageting steelhead, yes. But will be open to any fly fishing available. The exact location we'll be going is still unknown. Right now I'm looking for options and I'm trying to put together a decent little trip. We have plenty of lake fishing here in the canadian arctic so for this trip we would like to focus on fishing from shore in rivers.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Patrice,

Steelhead fishing on the rivers you asked about is better during the last 2 weeks of March than the last 2 weeks of April. April is definitely after the peak of the run and the season. Many of the steelhead caught in April are spawned out kelts.

Sg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.