Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm driving 70 plus miles to hit a river at a targeted tide or time, it's disappointing to arrive at a river destination and find nets being dropped.

Previously, like 2020, there were tribal netting dates posted on WA Fish and Wildlife and I could avoid being there on those days.

There were no up to date postings that I could find. Can anyone recommend another source for this information? Thank you.

· Registered
3 Posts
Since I'm driving 70 plus miles to hit a river at a targeted tide or time, it's disappointing to arrive at a river destination and find nets being dropped.

Previously, like 2020, there were tribal netting dates posted on WA Fish and Wildlife and I could avoid being there on those days.

There were no up to date postings that I could find. Can anyone recommend another source for this information? Thank you.
Hey AK,
You might scroll around on this page.
there are older schedules and some showing for 2022-2023.
good luck,
ZD

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey AK,
there are older schedules and some showing for 2022-2023.
good luck,
ZD
Hey AK,
there are older schedules and some showing for

2022-2023.
good luck,
ZD
Thank you ZD.

i should have been more specific. I'm most interested in the Quillayute and Hoh river schedules. I did notice that 2022/2023 Queets schedule was posted. Hopefully the other river schedules will be posted soon.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you LBL, that's what I've been looking for.

I went to the Hoh on a recent Monday and there was a boat motoring up river. So I'll assume Monday's may be one of there routine days. It was their primary weekday to net in the last couple of years by my observations. So in lieu of a schedule I'll just go with that.

· Registered
17 Posts
In the past Hoh netting has been on Mon and Tuesday, usually until 10.
The guys fishing are always super friendly. I wish the state could come up with a agreement the tribes were happy with to pay them not to fish, kinda like paying farmers not to grow corn.
The depressing thing about having the netters around is showing me how many fish are in the river while while I’m not catching. The Hoh guys will drift with their nets while banging a long stick downstream. I’ve watch the river explode with fish.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another few questions regarding tribal netting.

I see that for the most immediate future, tribal netting will be daily except weekends on the Quillayute system. Times are listed as 7 to 3 pm for now. Does that mean that they can drop nets at 7am, and must pick them up by 3pm, or is it that 7 -3pm is the time that that they can actively net, but the nets could be dropped at say 259 pm, and picked up the next morning at 7am or sometime latter?

If it's the later, can any members on this site report that there are enough fish making it past the nets to warrant weekday trips?

Just looking for general impressions. And I' m not trying to stir up ill feelings. Just a retired guy wanting to spend more time on the water, but not looking to waste relatively expensive fuel in the process.

· Registered
15,600 Posts
Generally that means that the nets are deployed at 7 AM the day it opens and remain in the water fishing until 3 PM the day that it closes. Some fish make it past the nets, but it depends on the specific river, how many nets, and the water conditions. The reason there are closed days is to ensure escapement of fish upstream.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts