Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for spring break we were thinking of going to idaho. My mom just told me to find somewhere her and my brother(they dont fish) could have fun and me and my dad would do some fishing. she didn't say anything else, so I was hoping someone might have some suggestions on a place for some non-fishers to have fun that also has some good flyfishing.
thanks,
joe

·
Senore Member
306 Posts
Where in Idaho?
McCall is a great base for flyfishing adventures, kind of touristy, but the rest of your family might like that. Plenty of streams and lakes nearbly, especially the Salmon and Little Salmon, my favorites....Good luck grasshoppa :eek:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I would second that about the McCall area. Also you might even try the Boise area. May sound weird, but I would fish in all kinds of places around there when I was growing up. I don't know exactly where you're coming from, but it's worth a look.

Scott

·
Another Flyfisherman
748 Posts
Island Park is a good one as well as McCall. There is lots to do and see around Island Park, besides the Henry's Fork. Only a hop, skip and a Jump from Yellowstone. There is Teton National Park nearby as well. You are not far from Idaho Falls if they have to go into the town for the ammenities of City Life. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.