Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Formally Double-D
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just discovered that some lower than dirt SOB stole the bronze plaque that was mounted on the Stillaguamish Monument. It’s hard to fathom how desperate someone would be that they go to this extreme. This plaque was dedicated to our pioneers who pioneered the art of steelhead fly fishing, the Stillaguamish River and its fish. I can’t help but feel violated and a personal loss.
We have taken steps to alert everyone in the Stilly Valley and are in the process of calling all recyclers within a 50 mile radius to be on the look out, most of which do not recycle bronze.

·
Registered
740 Posts
What a fxxxxxx piece of shit!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Sucks - the gold is gone, the silvers too - now they take the bronze. What we have left feel like consolation prizes. Support those who support the conservation, habitat restoration, and return of our native fish.

G

·
I would hope that if someone in the fishing community walked off with it------- That person is forgiven and just replace it, that is bad Ju-Ju.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I still maintain that this country began going downhill when we stopped hanging horse thieves. If crime didn't pay, people wouldn't steal stuff. Catch and kill is the only policy that makes sense regarding theft. Thieves don't stop, even when caught. Hang 'em high. Or shoot 'em if that's more convenient. Whichever.

Sg

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Great track and band, thanks radish. New lows are achieved every single day related to meth, unfortunately it has struck my direct family. On a better note, I saw Drive-By Truckers on sunday, which was an awesome show. Here is a track by them that relates as well, kind of dark but so is everything else in this category.

If you love rocknroll, and havent listened to DBT, then do it.

·
Team Umiak
410 Posts
K, Jas..this is disturbing that you would have that u tube vid. I don't wanna, but may have to call an intervention, Annie, Me (hell yea I'll climb over the hump), and anyone else I can call to arms to help. Stay sane in the meantime till we can contact ya. You rock dude. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Team Umiak
410 Posts
K, Dan..I may be headin east to do the same intervention thing..and I'm bringin Jason with me that has been healed, I hope. O, and OMJ..that'll pucker it up, with that old ass whiney voice. Just sayin.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.