Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part I: With the forcast for great weather I was thinking of getting out to the South Fork for a few hours. I have been following what has been successful (relative term I know) during the winter but I was wondering what safe wading flow levels were. I couldn't find the post that talked about it last summer.

Part II: I love the South Fork and have fished the Middle a couple of times, but why doesn't anyone ever talk about the North Fork. I have only been fishing this area for a few years (o.k. fishing for a few years) and have spent most of my time where I have had success. I would love to look for new areas that are close to where I live and that seems like a logical place.:p

· Be the guide...
5,157 Posts
Part I - Wading conditions should be fine on the N and S forks. They recover pretty fast. The best bet is to just know you limits and don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable...

Part II - Access to the N fork is much more limitted than the S fork and the rewards are not much different as far as I can tell. The N fork does offer more solitude, but a much longer drive on bad roads to reach the mid and upper stretches. But definately a fun place to explore. Anyway, I think most talk about the S fork because it is so easy to access and is perfect little river for fly fishing for small trout - despite the freeway noise...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.