Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order with NRS just before the weekend. There was a transcription error with one of my digits on the order (my error, not theirs). Their friendly customer service representative called me and left me a message with all of her contact information. When I called back another representative quickly corrected my error and moved forward. The next day my financial institution flagged the order as a "possible fraudulent purchase" and contacted me. I guess since I've never dealt with NRS before they flagged the order, not really sure why but if they are doing this as a protective measure that is good I guess. NRS called me again, apologizing for the delay, as if any of it had anything to do with things they had not done right. I spoke with my credit union, told them to expect the transaction to be processed again and then notified a third representative at NRS. While she finalized and processed the order she talked about my local area and places she hopes to visit and we excahanged details on interesting hikes in our respective areas. When the chat wrapped up she said the order was processed, being packed up and would be shipped out this morning with a hopeful deliver on Thursday. I was impressed at the polite, professional customer service that each of these three ladies extended to me during this quite routine order process. Every delay was due to my own error or holds from my credit union but they remained exceptional throughout. Customer service like this seems to be a bit more uncommon these days. I think if you have needs that NRS can fill that you should check them out.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Old Man, thanks for not really getting on me for posting something that you are not yet up on...check this out...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nrs The top hit on the page is the one in reference.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are killing me. If you are laughing that means I have to tell Old Man Jim that I'm sorry for using "Let Me Google That For You". Someone pranked me with that and I thought it was funny...I still remember LMGTFY because of that.

Sorry Jim, feel free to cuss and fuss at me if you like. Can't wait to get to the Hoh Down so I can talk Matt Smith into doing his OMJ impersonations!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Mumbles, I worked at NRS, mostly in Customer Service. I forwarded your kudos to the retail sales manager and editor, they tracked down the CSRs and posted up your post on their kudos board. They really strive on making customers happy.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sam, thank you for doing that. I told the last young lady how helpful everyone was and even mentioned all the names (which I omitted here). Very cool of you to extend my thanks to their staff. This was my first business with them, but it will not be my last. They have earned my respect and business for sure. Thank you again!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Stupid question time. What in the hell is NRS???????
That was the first thing that popped into my head, i MUST BE GETTIN OLD TOO!

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got my NRS Retro (used) frame today. I swapped my PAC 1200 frame for this one with Riverman. Great customer service by NRS and nice looking frame and solid made parts! Once a few recently ordered parts arrive and I figure out what kind of floor to put up front and in the back this will be headed to the Hoh Down.

·
AKA Joe Willauer
2,136 Posts
you know how i know your gay...
iagree, also never gets old.

On a better note, NRS service is awesome. I bought a boat from them this fall, and the oar wraps went bad on me shortly there after. Called them up and they emailed me a UPS receipt so I didn't have to pay shipping, gave me new oars, and had the whole thing done in a week!

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Hey Old Man, thanks for not really getting on me for posting something that you are not yet up on...check this out...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nrs The top hit on the page is the one in reference.
There is way to many things out there that everybody uses initials on. There seems to be an acronym for almost everything in flyfishing anymore.

Besides I like to ask questions. So there. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good to see you in good spirits Jim, how's the weather and fishing in your neck of the woods? You ready to take a group of us fishing? After the Hoh Down we might need a trout road trip.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Good to see you in good spirits Jim, how's the weather and fishing in your neck of the woods? You ready to take a group of us fishing? After the Hoh Down we might need a trout road trip.
Bite my ass. :p:p:p:p:p:p

I have given up on anybody coming this way anymore. I have had several people say they are coming but never show.

I think that I'm getting to damn old to fish much anymore. bawling:bawling: I go out for a few hours a couple of days a week. Shit, I'm damn near 3/4 of a century old. If I knew I was going to live this long, I would of taken better care of myself. bawling:bawling:bawling:

Jim :beathead::beathead:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.