Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SANCHO!
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went by Tye lake in Monroe and Sky Valley Trout Unlimited were having their annual kids fishing derby. I walked down to see what was going on, and saw that they have the fish in a aprox 20' by 300' holding net. :dunno

I had this sick feeling in my stomach as I walked down the beach seeing some 24" plus fish hanging from gill stringers and some grown men walking around with fish still on their hook.. not even bothering to touch it.

I know that this is a kids event and they wanna make it fun and easy but I still think it's a bunch of shit to show kids that this is what "fishing" is... I give this event a thumbs down. It could be done a million other ways and still be fun for kids. My kid has a blast fishing that lake with out the over stuffed hathery fish in a net. Come to think, I think digging in the sand is more fun for him.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Not to change the subject,but how did your trip to Pass Lake work out. Did you catch any or many. Come on now you can tell me some lies. I'm a big boy and can take it.

Jim

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Mentors

Backyard raises a good point, we all need to mentor some young person about conservation and respecting the resource, even when it's planted. I think it's time to take my grandson out to Silver Lake with me.
Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.