Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Hot Carl
8,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking we should have another tying gathering over some brews. I went to the last one in Everett, but felt like a tool for being the only one there with no tying gear. Well I recently changed that status, and am ready to start filling some fly boxes.

EDIT: We've made a tentative plan:

Dec 9th 7pm

Balefire
1801 Hewitt Ave
Everett, WA 98201
(425) 374-7248

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Location, location, location. If it is within a walk from the ferry on your side I might try to make it when I'm back on my feet. I agree that the timing might be pretty important too. Maybe early to mid December?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Not that I would be likely to truck to redmond, but I think it might be a hard pull to organize something in the middle of holiday responsibilities. Then again, maybe other people have less stuff going on than I do.

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
I ran into John Toby tonight and talked to him about another event up at Balefire in Everett. Wednesday's are good up there, it's kill the keg night ($2 beers) and December 9th would be good. So how about a steelhead fly tying night on the 9th, from 7pm til close? We can continue the "Bunnies and Beer", or call it "Steel Beer I"!

I'll post a new thread if there is some interest, but mark your calendars! :beer1:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Flybill's idea is pretty solid. The Kill the Keg night had some pretty sweet deals.
iagree

$2 beers? :eek: At Balefire? OMFG! Anyone who has been to Balefire and seen/taste their beer selection should realize that this is a deal beyond belief. Jon does not stock [email protected] beer. As a long-time home brewer and organizer of several homebrewing competitions, he really knows beer--inside and out.

Should he announce a Wednesday tying event, I will feel seriously compelled to make it. And I will bring lots of tying materials this time.

Cheers!
--Dave E.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I'd be willing to try and make it to a dec 9th in everett get together. Then I could be the guy who wasn't tying anything! Or I could bring my underused vise and tying materials and just spread it out in front of me with a confused expression on my face. Evan, you'd look great compared to me!

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
I'll post an event this evening sometime for the 9th. Hope to see a good turn out. John is good with it so its a go!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.