Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been 4 or 5 years since I have been in a fly shop so I am kinda out of the loop. I have to go to town this week and I would like to look at some tying material in person rather than in a catalog. Who has the most comprehensive selection in the Spokane/Coeur D'Alene area? Thanks for your suggestions.

Ive

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Swede's is out there and there's another one that POwens used to work at... thinking... can't think of it, but I know it's out there... not far from Costco in Spoke-vegas, if I remember correctly!

·
Outa here
1,155 Posts
Tying sources in Spokanistan, eh?

Here's three:

Swede's on Ash near the Maxwell house tavern, good folks, good selection, good stuff
Silverbow Fly shop, this is hte one flybill and the old man are talking about, it's in the valley, now located west of the mall on the frontage road between evergreen and pines, good folks, fair to good selection, good stuff
Warehouse Sports, the old sportsmans warehouse in the valley mall, good folks, not as invested or as knowlegable as at the others, necessarily, good selection, fair to good stuff

The other ones you knew about before you still know about...the general store, the elephant, cabelas, etc.

I've patronized all these, I'm happy all are in our town.

·
I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!
785 Posts
I prefer the service at Silver Bow, they have good quality materials and good quality service. Not to take away from any of the other shops that's just where I choose to spend what little scratch I have.

·
Skunk Happens
1,015 Posts
I go to Swede's the most. Most of his stuff is high quality, and the selection is the best IMHO. It also happens to be less than a block from me. Sportsman's Warehouse used to have a really good selection, but I think it is only mediocre now. Silver Bow seems to have a smaller selection of tying gear, but it would definitely be worth the trip once you've travelled all the way from Ione.

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
Went to silver bow today and to check out the warehouse. bow was closed, but I found everything i needed at the warehouse. It has been redone sense i was last there and the selection is well stocked and large. not sure on the quality, but most of my flies are lost to the river bottom long before the feathers fall off.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
They have a great selection of tying materials at swedes. More I believe than silver bow has.

The customer service is hot and cold for me at Swedes.
Always been excellent at Silver bow.

-Blake

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I prefer Silver Bow, but seem to go to Swede's more because it isn't all the way across town.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I go to Swede's, the old Sportsman's, and Silver Bow. I agree with almost everything said, Swede's has the most stuff although Sportsmans also has a good selection. It is an event for me to drive to Spokane from Pullman so I go to all three on each trip. I guess there is a new shop opening soon or may be open but I have not been there and do not know about their tying selection. It's not near Spokane but I visited Red Shed for the first time a few weeks ago and their tying stuff was incredible for steelhead. Poppy was also great and said just give him a call and he would send it right out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.