Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
insurance is paying me back for everything... score

new boat, new waders, new boots, new rod, new reel, and they are even covering $100 worth of flies

i should relish this moment... i dont thin kan insuranec company will ever treat me this well again

tight lines everyone!
-Connor

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Connor, that is great news. For those of us wondering, what is your insurance company?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
What insurance (car, renters, homeowner)? Just remember, claims will tend to raise your rates for future policies, so if the total outpay is not significantly more than your deductible you may want to rethink the claim.

·
Steve Sullivan
48 Posts
insurance is paying me back for everything... score

new boat, new waders, new boots, new rod, new reel, and they are even covering $100 worth of flies

i should relish this moment... i dont thin kan insuranec company will ever treat me this well again

tight lines everyone!
-Connor
So, what are the details?
total they are giving you
deductible
what replacing it all will actually cost you? Deductible is what, $500?

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
What insurance (car, renters, homeowner)? Just remember, claims will tend to raise your rates for future policies, so if the total outpay is not significantly more than your deductible you may want to rethink the claim.
Yup. I was going to make a claim for a camera that was stolen from my truck a few years ago. My insurance company said, "no problem, we can do that". They proceeded to tell my my rates would go up something like $200+ or so per year for the next 3 years. It was their "new" policy....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya this was all through homeowners insurance.

they are giving me:
$200 for a rod
$200 for a reel and extra spool
$100 for replacing flies and boxes
$400 for waders
$150 for boots
$1,000 for a new pontoon boat

so a total of $2,050
and the dedectable was $500

they told us that my rate would not go up because this is the first cliam my family has ever filed and they wanted to reward us for being such "loyal customers"... So in my opinion this all worked out pretty well! minus the whole part where my stuff got stolen in the first place.

tight lines,

-Connor

·
Registered
494 Posts
You can also take out a boat insurance policy for rafts, pontoons, drift boats, etc. I have 6k of coverage for rafting gear plus 100k liability, 5k immediate injury coverage, etc for a very reasonable $85 a year with State Farm.

When I signed up, the lady asked "what type of fuel does your boat use," I answered "wheaties," and it took her quite a while to figure it out!.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.