Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RiverFishing

Hello All...

I have an opportunity to be in the Vancouver area (the Heathman Lodge) in mid-March for a couple of days and, being an east-sider, I'm wondering what nearby flyfishing opportunities might be available. I'm still in the rookie class and into pursuing trout and steelhead, would prefer someplace wadeable (or float-tube accessible) and preferably within an hour or so of Heathman.
Am I asking for too much?
Any recommendations will be welcome and thoughtfully considered!

Mike in Kennewick

:dunno

G

·
Greased Line Fly Shoppe

Go North on Andresen and left on 88th St. Sign is on your right, 1/4 mile West on 88th. Its a first class fly shop. They will know where to go for steelhead. Year round trout can be caught in Battleground Lake, hopefully the water will clear up by then. Icehouse lake is also nice and is about 30 miles East of Vancouver on HWY 14. :thumb

·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greased Line Fly Shoppe

RiverFishing

Thanks for the tip, Big Ben...sounds a bit encouraging. I've only been to Vancouver once, soon after I moved out and my wife (who's from WA) drove us up there to see some friends. I am familiar with Rt. 14, as it goes almost all the way back here.
So maybe it'll be worth making the trip...

Mike in Kennewick

:)

·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RiverFishing

Hmmm...

I've been looking at my DeLorme map and spotted the Washougal River as well as Lacamas Lake. Haven't checked the fishing regs but wonder if either of these would offer some prospacts in the mid-March timeframe. I'm definitely coming and willing to do some exploration.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.